The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Other Hobbies????

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Nice hobbies folks! Hmm, Lederhosen

Nova, I like yer third pic the best. We got one of them too:

We gave up the aquariums though. Strange dark algea from the well water. Too much to keep up with . We clean cat boxes instead now.

Me, I take pictures:

And then repair our old family pictures:

My wife says I have too many hobbies. She was one once See where that led

Wow......i really like the picture of the light tower. Very nice work!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

Too many to mention. I love music and horror films so collecting both is one of my main hobbies. There is nothing quite like the feeling tracking down an OOP, rare, or limited edition CD, VHS, or DVD to add to my library. Horror films have been a serious passion for me ever since I was a child. I pride myself on my knowledge of horror films.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 61belair
Wow......i really like the picture of the light tower. Very nice work!
Thanks ! That is a sixteen minute shot around 1 AM looking into near total darkness at Boston Light. All I could see were a few lights and of course the big one when it cycled. I let time and the ligh or near absence of it paint the picture.
I love night shots.
More stuff here if you are interested:

http://www.pbase.com/harpozep/root&page=all
Old 10-13-2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Too many to mention. I love music and horror films so collecting both is one of my main hobbies. There is nothing quite like the feeling tracking down an OOP, rare, or limited edition CD, VHS, or DVD to add to my library. Horror films have been a serious passion for me ever since I was a child. I pride myself on my knowledge of horror films.

Same passion here for horror films. I ain't been quite right since seeing the 'Willy the dummy " episode on the Twilight Zone in the early sixties

I have over five thousand DVDs for rent at my store and almost a third of them are horror/fantasy films. Unfortunately people steal them rather than returning them, so my three disc Canadian Brotherhood of the Wolf is gone, as is the Criterion Salo ( Those who know, know, those who don't , do not ask ). Keeping the longer version of Battle Rayale in stock has been a task too!
I used to get a lot of import and OOP films on VHS and later DVD.
Cannibal Holocaust just came back out stateside. I'd had an Asian copy for years and of course the laser disc.

I still have the Japanese laser disc of the Evil dead from '94. Here's a link to another forum I'm in and theior discussion of the various editions of that Bruce Campbell/Sam Rami classic:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=243723

And hey, speaking of "Shocker" , ok, well in another thread....... How about " SHock Wave" It's the best of the Nazi Zombie epics!

Last edited by Harpozep; 10-13-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
Although i did have a passion for fish tanks (had a 55 gallon tank with live coarl etc) for 5 years My true passion is restorin old muscle cars 60-72 here are few pics!!

ok how much for that baby?

Last edited by SindyDix; 10-13-2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: tag edit
Old 10-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Same passion here for horror films. I ain't been quite right since seeing the 'Willy the dummy " episode on the Twilight Zone in the early sixties
Hands down the original Twilight Zone is one of the best television shows ever! One of my first horror memories also comes from a dummy! The Richard Attenborough classic Magic. That was one of the first films to scare the living sh*t out of me as a child and for that I will always hold a special place in my heart. I started early with classics like Night Of The Living Dead and the original 1931 Frankenstein then moved on to much more. I had a particular passion for special effects when I was young so I love films with lots of gore. Zombie and slasher films are my favorites. Luckily I had an understanding mom who knew her kid could separate fact from fiction that wasn't afraid of monster or dead things. She didn't mind me reading Fangoria magazine, seeing unrated and R movies, reading horror novels, or reading books about special effects by the likes of Dick Smith and Tom Savini. About the time I was 12 or so we moved to the suburbs and by a large independently owned video store with the coolest owner ever. My mom and I became friends with him and she gave him her permission to rent me any horror film I wanted as long as it wasn't X rated. I was in heaven! That place was my second home. I saw all the classics, exploitation films, mondo films, revenge films, slasher films, zombie films, giallo films, you name it! I can still go there and rent some of the same tapes I did as a kid. I still keep the sickness alive to this day as I will forever!

Last edited by captain howdy; 10-13-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:34 PM

El Rey had it for 10 yrs paid 3500 for it sold it for 10,500 4 yrs ago!!! had alot of fun with that one!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 06:09 PM

Computers / games is my first hobby.

Having fun with my Church group! (This is when we went Whitewater Rafting in Colorado)

Last my pair of Oscars (Wow they eat a lot!)

And MY HHR
Old 10-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Banned

Cannibal Holocaust just came back out stateside. I'd had an Asian copy for years and of course the laser disc.
You had to mention it and I had to watch it. After like 26 years of being out that film is still hard to watch to this day! I mean I'm a gorehound but some scenes like the muskrat, monkey, or turtle are just visual torture! Not to mention the real footage in The Last Road To Hell sequence. One of the best mondos of all time.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:33 PM

All of my hobbies find their way back to my car hobby, even my cooking...All of my art revolves around how I can apply it to cars or bikes, making friends around cars so I can still be social while spending time with my cars, taking trips for an excuse to drive my cars...Okay fine, my hobby might be a sickness...SO???