The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Other Hobbies????

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:35 PM

Nova,
we now have something completely new to talk about because I realy want to set up a saltwater aqaurium in the new place!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
You had to mention it and I had to watch it. After like 26 years of being out that film is still hard to watch to this day! I mean I'm a gorehound but some scenes like the muskrat, monkey, or turtle are just visual torture! Not to mention the real footage in The Last Road To Hell sequence. One of the best mondos of all time.

Yeah, not to hijack the thread, but it is a real chunk blower!

I also have the CH ( Cannibal Holocaust, not Captain Howdy ) cd and play it to the world outside my store. It is actually quite a nice acoustic oriented recording. I had a fan of the movie come running in as he could not belive his ears
We also sold the impaled woman tee shirt for years at our store. Got a kid or two thrown out of school for a day just by wearing it !

I collected these as a kid, just so you know where I'm coming from:
http://www.pbase.com/harpozep/eerie_pubs&page=all
Still have them too!

We should start a Halloween tread about scary things and take the discussion there. We are getting The Black Pearl Ship from Pirates of The Caribbean here in town and using it as a haunted house at the New London peir. Scary is in vogue this time of year!

As to the aquariums folks are speaking of, I'd love a salt water one too, but would like local north Atlantic marine specimens in it. I'm sure this would require a water cooler to keep the temp down.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Harpozep
I also have the CH ( Cannibal Holocaust, not Captain Howdy ) cd and play it to the world outside my store. It is actually quite a nice acoustic oriented recording. I had a fan of the movie come running in as he could not belive his ears
I love the soundtrack! That is part of what makes the film so eerie; a beautiful score running with scenes of ultra violence and brutality. Italians sure know how to make some great cinema! Seeing as how it's Halloween time I am watching nothing but horror this month. Tonight I think I am going to watch Cannibal Ferox, Argento's cut of Dawn Of The Dead, Murder-Set-Pieces, and maybe if I can stay awake a J-horror after. After watching CH last night I think I am going to toss a bunch of cannibal films and mondos in the mix this month. I wonder if my wife will watch some of the tamer mondos like the father of them all Mondo Cane. Probably not. She doesn't like old movies. She only seems to like films from the mid-eighties on. She and I are like night and day sometimes. I agree we should have a Halloween thread where as not to hijack this one because I can talk horror for days.

Last edited by captain howdy; 10-14-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:13 AM

This would be my main hobby (is that Stubby's cousin on the PVR? )

Name:  AV.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  71.6 KB

Then there's the kids:

Name:  StriderZap.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  29.2 KB

Then there's that 2007 Imperial Blue HHR LT that I'll be ordering next week
Old 10-14-2006, 11:51 PM

This is one of my other hobbies. RCs
Attached Images      
Old 10-15-2006, 01:14 PM

When you go through a life-changing event like a divorce, your priorities change and so do you hobbies. I used to sew my own clothes and some for my boys, cross-stitch, garden, and do home renovations.

After the divorce, I concentrated on raising my boys. They became involved with band and football and I started video taping. I created highlight videos for one boy that helped get him recruited to a very good school. I also made certain we always had a newer computer available for the boys. Now one is studying to be a Systems Engineer and the other is concentrating on Mechanical Engineering/Robotics.

My next project is to scan all our pictures and convert all the VHS video to create digital memories for the boys. I still garden and do home renovations but it's a requirement and no longer a hobby!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
My next project is to scan all our pictures and convert all the VHS video to create digital memories for the boys.
I know what you mean there. I have slowly been getting home movies burned over to DVD. Then I will start on getting all photos burned over to DVD.

A question for you Sandy why are you converting them over to VHS? Over time those tapes gets messed up.
PLus they take up so much room.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:08 PM

I keep fish too,(tetras) Ciclids are a little aggressive and territorial.. Thats a nice rocky African tank.....