The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Pampered vs Neglected

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:17 AM

Pampered vs Neglected

OK, this is a survey, for those of us who have 'other' rides, that have been sorta pushed to the back burner, by the presence of the new kid on the block,'The HHR'.
My toy, the 'TURBONIUM', isn`t getting nearly the amount of attention that it used to, I mean, it`s even parked on the street...
The HHR aka the Beautiful One, takes all the GLORY and TLC, and I was wondering, is he alone? Turbonium, that is...
Attached Images   
Old 07-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Since moving back to Michigan and not having a garage anymore, none of my rides get pampered like they used to. Black Knight does get special treatment compared to The Bee. He gets parked in the driveway where The Bee either gets parked on the road or in the yard in the back alley.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:59 AM

Wife's 2005 VW Beetle TDI diesel still gets proper attention, but since writing off my '94 Dakota to my teenage son when he got his license it gets less attention as far as appearance care, although regular maintenance stays religious.

Sometimes I feel like a fleet manager.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:17 PM

My minivan is being neglected only because I couldn't sell it and knew the dealer wouldn't give me anything in trade. I have to say, I take much better care of the HHR than I ever did the minivan. I even cleaned out the garage so I could park it in there. I've lived here 15 years and last fall was the first time I've achieved that goal. I'm finally clearing out the rest of the ex-husband's junk and construction debris from various renovation projects.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:49 PM
jx3

Since the wife's Infiniti started looking bad due to lack of place to properly care for it while living in an apt., Dory has had all the attn for nearly the past two years. The Infiniti gets washed maybe once a month (if that).
Old 07-03-2007, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I even cleaned out the garage so I could park it in there. I've lived here 15 years and last fall was the first time I've achieved that goal.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:39 AM

Hey, I grew up with a basement and no garage. All our junk was down there. I can't tell you how many hundreds of times my dad sent me down there for a tool. I'll take a messy garage any day!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:24 AM

Cleaning my garage today. Heck, I'll post pics, there's a Chevy or two under all the junk!

Lessee, pampered, the HHR was, then not so since my wife scratched the paint cleaning off snow improperly ( I lost heart) . I'm guilty too since I also keep scratching the front underside on curbs. How can anyone drive these lowered? ....

Back to the top of its game now since adding a pile of chrome and giving Iron Man his winter/Spring/ summer cleaning. He's a daily driver, I have to learn to get less bunged about every little thing, but that's hard for me.

Our other ride is only a month old though, so I'm trying to keep the attention even= lots of rug cleaning, bird poop removal, etc. Plus I have to put MR Grill ( That's the grill companie's name on the Odyssey since it has the same stupid hit-my-condenser-with-a-small-rock-and bring-down-the-AC design

Animals keep scratching Iron Man . Lots of claw like scratches in weird places like above the tail lights. Too many squirrels, raccoons, chipmunks, and cats running around. Rusty kitty kills a mouse or a mole each night. Like twenty or so just last month Mouses like to live in Corvair engines, so I approve.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 PM

Smile I've been feeling this for a while

My first new vehicle was a 1996 Ford Ranger and I added stuff to it and made it unique. Along came my "practical" commuter car a 2001 Mazda Miata and again I've done some stuff to make it my own. I also now have a 2005 Harley Davidson Firefighter Special Edition Road King, and for those who don't know HD stands for Hundred Dollars, cause that's how much you can spend each time you visit the dealer for various cool add ons! Well now here's the HHR and so far I've only bought (cheapo) license plate frames (as I just put the plates on today) but already I feel like replacing at least the one in the back, and as I write this I just sent an email to someone on ebay regarding the bowtie overlays and the "CHEVROLET" lettering for the grill. I also have added a number of items to the basket over at race and street but this is the second time I've done this and have yet to process the order until I'm sure that it is what I want..I want to ask and get different ideas and opinions and experiences about the different things for the HHR.. I wonder which forum would be best for this.. Maybe if I just list the things that I've been thinking about, the fine members of this site will offer this guidance. Ok well I added some "Wants" to my signature, but then ran out of space there.. Here's the list so far:

The good window ventshades (like socal was selling..(what happened to socal?))
Intake: CGS or K&N
Tail light trim rings
Noticed the rear bumper inset $98 (or $99 with free shipping?? on raceandstreet)
Grill "CHEVROLET" & Bowtie decals (reflective?)
Traffic light prism or lens
New lock knobs
Lower grill (I've seen the "inexpensive" ones and ones that look like the stock grill inverted and trimmed.. others?)
Lamin-x fog light colored protective lens

Wow I think thats it for now..
Oh wait that XM antenna splitter that made the sirius radio stronger.. I want that!!!

Ok thanks for allowing me to vent
Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 AM

I don't neglect my vehicles.

Name:  Picture032.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  98.4 KB
Name:  Picture033.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  95.8 KB
They both share the garage.
Name:  Picture040.jpg
Views: 82