The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Pending Cell Phone Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 02:37 PM

well ive been reading alot on this now....

so a fully unlocked GSM (supposedly works with cingular and t-mobile, i have tmobile) wont work if i switch my sim card and put it on that phone? i really want to get the sliver phone, and ive seen great prices over the net and ebay...

ah hell i dont wanna spend 300+ on a phone...
Old 07-30-2006, 03:47 PM

Sin as much as you are on here you should just get a Blackberry !! then you can keep up to the minute with this site !! i cant live without mine
Old 07-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Founding Member

One requirement I must have is removable media. The micro disc. Does the Blackberry have it?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:45 PM

I cant help you much with the blackberry's the PDA and blackberry came out and were popular as I left the cell phone industry.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:25 PM

SI, You weren't sure what NexTel's protocol was. It's called iDEN. But they will be ditching soon, In favor of Sprint's Protocol.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EL_REY
well ive been reading alot on this now....

so a fully unlocked GSM (supposedly works with cingular and t-mobile, i have tmobile) wont work if i switch my sim card and put it on that phone? i really want to get the sliver phone, and ive seen great prices over the net and ebay...

ah hell i dont wanna spend 300+ on a phone...
If you have an unlocked GSM phone you can put any SIM in it and it will work -- provided your carrier uses a GSM network (Cingular, AT&T, Tmobile).
Old 07-31-2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
One requirement I must have is removable media. The micro disc. Does the Blackberry have it?
Sindy;

This is the phone I have. I got it because of the removable memory stick. You have to buy them seperately but I've got a 512mb card in mine. I really like the phone too. Mine also came with a Bluetooth earbud.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=475&gi=1

Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Founding Member

In all my research, I'm unclear as if I buy 'unlocked' equipemnt, if I can take it to my carrier and it will work after they program it.

Thanks Mike, I'll take a lookie see at your equipment! Because it's got a removable memory stick!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:14 PM

I have bought and sold phones on ebay. One of my web hosting customers is a nextel partners office so I sell their surplus stuff on ebay. I would not recomend buying one unless you are buying one that your sim card will work in and just transfer your simcard to the new phone. Even then I would go into a store and check to make sure.

Phones are funny, you are best to go into an authorized store and get what you REALY want, that way you can get insurance on it in case it breaks. I have broken a shoebox full of phones so the insurance works realy good for me and you can not get that on an ebay phone.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:27 AM

Have you ever notice that they never send the verizon guy where the phone does not work? I can find lots of places it does not work. And I still want to punch him in the mouth!!

Quick Reply: Pending Cell Phone Purchase