The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

POLITICAL: Border Patrol Agents going to jail for doing their job!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:02 PM

This issue has been and will always be a problem. If they shot a person, and then when over the Border to collect the person,,,,wrong.
I am from Corpus Christi, Tx, Nothing will ever change.
I am sorry that it has happened, I wish that something could be done about matters like this, but as long as we allow even one to stay within the boundry of the USA, give food, shelter, jobs (that no one wants), pay for their medical and dental, medications, schools, nothing will ever change ...............This is a very sore subject, to allow them to stay for any reason.................
Old 01-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BettieSpaghetti
No, but they should be able to protect themselves in the event someone pulls a weapon on them (the policies allow them that.) He saw what he thought was a weapon and fired - All Police have the same authority. There is nothing wrong with this.
Police gain the right to shoot when there is an actual thread to their life or a civilian’s life. I thought I saw a gun just doesn't cut it as proven by our court of law numerous times. There actually has to be a gun and a threat to their lives in order to justify it. You can't just shoot a man because they run. Well unless your border patrol and the person you shoot is Mexican.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by karen1953
This issue has been and will always be a problem. If they shot a person, and then when over the Border to collect the person,,,,wrong.
I am from Corpus Christi, Tx, Nothing will ever change.
I am sorry that it has happened, I wish that something could be done about matters like this, but as long as we allow even one to stay within the boundry of the USA, give food, shelter, jobs (that no one wants), pay for their medical and dental, medications, schools, nothing will ever change ...............This is a very sore subject, to allow them to stay for any reason.................
This is our chance to voice ourselves and say that it is not right! If these men are pardoned it will make a HUGE statement to Mexican drug smugglers that it is NOT ok to come into the U.S. with DRUGS!

What is our message if these men come to jail? "Come over - our border patrol agents can do nothing about it! We support the Mexican drug trade" - maybe that will be the political standpoint of our next elected president, I can see it now!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by karen1953
This issue has been and will always be a problem. If they shot a person, and then when over the Border to collect the person
Not quite. The agents shot the guy and left the man to die in his country, failing to report the incident to their superiors. A blatant disregard for human life. Then the US Attorneys office went to Mexico legally to cut a deal with the shooting victim so they could prosecute the deserving agents.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:15 PM

Just like uninsured motorists, drug smugglers have to be illegal immigrants. Which really doesn't explain why the two guys from Florida were busted recently crossing the border with drugs in Texas. That happened a few weeks ago. It made the news because the large amount of drugs they had.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:16 PM

Sorry I miss reread that CH...........That is a different story...................
Having family in the Law Enforcement Family..........................
I feel that I honestly not state anything else, out of Respect for them, and their positions.

Last edited by karen1953; 01-11-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Not quite. The agents shot the guy and left the man to die in his country, failing to report the incident to their superiors. A blatant disregard for human life. Then the US Attorneys office went to Mexico legally to cut a deal with the shooting victim so they could prosecute the deserving agents.
The man didn't die - he got shot in the butt!

BTW - love the fact that we have a real heated political thread going. I respect you CH and love the stuff you post on here. I would never had imagined that you would take an opposing standpoint with ne but I think the devil's advocate is in you blood!

Here's to a good thread
Old 01-11-2007, 03:18 PM

If these men are pardoned it will make a HUGE statement to Mexican drug smugglers that it is NOT ok to come into the U.S. with DRUGS!
You really think that'll take care of the problem? Good luck with that...
Old 01-11-2007, 03:19 PM

We support the Mexican drug trade" -
Yes, we do - buy consistently buying the products, year in and year out.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Yes, we do - buy consistently buying the products, year in and year out.
Not that I actively am but I'd rather support our trade instead - keep it in our economy - we could use the financial help right now!

Quick Reply: POLITICAL: Border Patrol Agents going to jail for doing their job!!