The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

POLITICAL: Border Patrol Agents going to jail for doing their job!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BettieSpaghetti
This is our chance to voice ourselves and say that it is not right! If these men are pardoned it will make a HUGE statement to Mexican drug smugglers that it is NOT ok to come into the U.S. with DRUGS!

What is our message if these men come to jail? "Come over - our border patrol agents can do nothing about it! We support the Mexican drug trade" - maybe that will be the political standpoint of our next elected president, I can see it now!
Wow! You are so biased you completely overlook the major issue. We are sending no message that we encourage drug trade. IT’S NOT ABOUT THE DRUGS! Do you want to know who the biggest producer of marijuana is? The US. We don’t need the Mexicans to bring us our drugs because we can grow all we need here. The transition happened during the 70’s. Mexican weed is garbage in comparison to what we grow. Even if they were to put an end to the Mexican drug trade we will still have pot but it will be higher quality and more expensive, not cheap Mexican dirt weed. We are sending a message that the law and peoples rights are of the utmost importance to our country and we are not afraid to take action against agents who violate the rules.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:25 PM

bingo ch
Old 01-11-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Mexican weed is garbage in comparison to what we grow.
I don't know - even as a child, Cheech & Chong taught me about the high quality of "Acapulco Gold"...
Old 01-11-2007, 03:35 PM

yeah - violate the rules of illegally crossing a border. Understand, that if this was a family of good people coming over I would have a completely different standpoint but it was not.

You cannot tell me that in the adreneline rush of a hot pursuit and seeing what you thought was a weapon, reacting as you had been training for years, that you would not have done the same thing?

All this aside - I am doing what I can to get these men pardoned. It's your perogitive to help or not. All I did was post some information

They were attempting to protect our nation;
whether right or wrong in firing a gun,
it was not out of the border patrol policy,
they did not file a report,
admitted it,
and should not be subject to punishment greater than that of border patrol policy.

A few days vs. a few years - hell take away their badges but they don't deserve to be sent to jail.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
I don't know - even as a child, Cheech & Chong taught me about the high quality of "Acapulco Gold"...
Agreed! But that stuff hasn't seen the states since the 60's unless it's domestically grown. They bail it like hay in Mexico and degrade it through various means of transport like stuffing tires and so forth. Now the stuff coming from Canada is a different story! We shouldn't be afraid of the Mexicans drugs it's the Canadians drugs we have to watch out for. Oh that's right, we're already forced Canada to help us try and imprison Marc Emery to take care of that. Supporting him and his unjust arrest at the hands of US agents in his own country is a more worthwhile cause than trying to free two scumbag coward criminal boarder guards under the guise of a righteous cause that's laden with fear of the Mexican threat! Doing their job and right in their actions my ass!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Hmmmm..... "The Mexican Threat".... Sounds like an up-and-coming superhero we may encounter in the near future.
By day, he's a mild-mannered landscaper...... but at the very appearance of Social Injustice in Mexifornia he's: THE MEXICAN THREAT !!!
I wonder what his alter ego would be named..........
Handy Manny's already taken - How 'bout Len Scaper?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:00 PM

Hmmmm..... "The Mexican Threat".... Sounds like an up-and-coming superhero we may encounter in the near future.
By day, he's a mild-mannered landscaper...... but at the very appearance of Social Injustice in Mexifornia he's: THE MEXICAN THREAT !!!
It's actually the name of a masked rastler!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

Hahahaha! Landscaping is what the illegals do around here. That and pick apples in the surrounding counties during the season. They are very hard working people and put a lot of lazy Americans to shame. Maybe that's where the hatred and fear comes from. They make some of us look bad. Rochester has one of the largest Hispanic populations in the country by statistics from what I understand. Around here it's not all Mexicans though, it's a huge mix. Most Hispanic people I know are Puerto Rican followed by Cubans, Dominicans, and Mexicans, then come all the other South American descents.

Last edited by captain howdy; 01-11-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

BettiS...

I'm sympathetic to many of the issues you mentioned in this thread. I may not agree with the methods expressed, but I do agree with many of the the underlying issues.

That being said.....I'll mention that I am ex-law enforcement....federal, state and local, with about 20 years experience. And, I am a huge supportor of law enforcement. But I also need to say, When you discharge your weapon incorrectly and without justification, THERE IS ALWAYS A "SHINEY OBJECT" IN THE SUSPECTS"S HAND.

Initially, I also had been following this case because I took the same position as you currently have. These guys are getting railroaded. But, as I continued exploring and researching this situation, I discovered it did not happen as proclaimed by the slanted representation you are supporting. Quite the contrary....the officers were "hot dogging" with a John Wayne attitude.

They shot this guy in the back (buttock) while he was running from them (bodily risk or injury was eliminated).....some 80-100 feet away. They had no idea drugs were in the car until after they shot at him. They did not trace the path of the discharge to determine if innocents were "hit"......or for that matter for blood from him. They did not discharge their weapons as trained (in groups of 3). They attempted to pistol-whip him. They did not report the incident until they were confronted, but lied repeatedly until evidence was produced to the contrary. There is some testamony the inventoried evidence came up short. All of my above statements were taken from court documents.

Now I have to say, based on experience, if these 2 Border Patrol Agents were even mediocre in performance, this issue would have been resolved in a method very few would have heard about. But, since they are being prosecuted extensively, there is probably something in their background that is not being said. One way to get rid of bad officers, when evidence is not substantial to lawfully discharge, is to find something else. Their reckless performance as John Wayne is probably it.

Oh, the John Wayne Syndrome....when a person carries a badge and believes the badge gives them certain rights above and beyond regulations, laws, etc. generally, seen in new members of law enforcement (rookies). I can give you the technical language but that would bore you.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about this incident. But, that's your choice and what makes America great. As I wrote above, There is far to many REAL situations to get involved in, without supporting the ones that are embellished, slanted, etc.

Also, I doubt if they will get a Presidential Pardon....because HE has access to information that we will not see.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:01 PM

if you buy drugs, the TERRORISTS win

but i didnt know that a few "mojaditos" were muslim terrorists tho

Quick Reply: POLITICAL: Border Patrol Agents going to jail for doing their job!!