The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Political review.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Captain Howdy, do you mean like last several elections? I know I've had to vote for the one who scared me the least.
Unfortunately yes.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 AM

Tell me this, how can all those people not support a line-item veto? The pork in the budget has caused most of our financial problems. We could afford to buy new weapons systems if we weren't building a luxury liner for the Navy in Mississippi.

I know the Supreme Court shot it down once but I firmly believe they were wrong. The whole concept of our federal government is to ensure checks and balances. The line-item veto will do that!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:38 AM

Tell me this, how can all those people not support a line-item veto? The pork in the budget has caused most of our financial problems. We could afford to buy new weapons systems if we weren't building a luxury liner for the Navy in Mississippi.

I know the Supreme Court shot it down once but I firmly believe they were wrong. The whole concept of our federal government is to ensure checks and balances. The line-item veto will do that!
I'm with you, I don't understand it either. No one will ever convince me it takes 2.8 TRILLION DOLLARS to run this country every year.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:55 AM

I still do not know who to vote for they are all losers! L-) I hate to say I voted for Bush (did not want to change during the war), BAD MISTAKE! I makes me not even want to vote, no one is worthy. They are all liars!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by donbb82
I still do not know who to vote for they are all losers! L-) I hate to say I voted for Bush (did not want to change during the war), BAD MISTAKE! I makes me not even want to vote, no one is worthy. They are all liars!

I'm not afraid or sorry to say I voted for GWB

I will agree that there is not ONE candidate that I really am like "Hell Yeah!"

But I will vote...never have missed an election since I was able to vote

Goose
Old 10-12-2007, 11:41 AM

My mother would turn over in her grave if I ever not voted Democrat--but I think ultimately it should come down to who you feel will best represent your values...

Although I must say I was surprised that Kucinich (sp) was my top vote getter! He's too left even for this Berkeley alumna!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:26 PM

What we need is a poll that tells us whether we're democrat or republican based on our views. I haven't got a clue. I am registered republican because no democrats run down here and I wouldn't get to vote at all.

No matter what party you are, I think you should vote your conscience. Alabama had an ad on TV during a runoff election where they basically accused people of being traitors if they voted for a democrat. Only in the South!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:53 PM

I need to move to Alabama then

Goose
Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Banned

I can give you my reason why I don't support it. Plain and simple it gives one man too much control over our governments spending, over Congress, and goes against our Constitution.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:12 AM

Ok, give the line item veto power to the Supreme Court. They're 9 members! As it is, the GAO tells us the money was wasted. Only problem is they do it 2 years after it was spent.

I believe we need to start thinking as to what's best for this country instead of what's best for me. Many people made hugh sacrifices during WWII. Are any of us willing to do it now? No, not the current "me generation."

Quick Reply: Political review.