The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Pontiac G8 to Return - As a Chevy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Before anyone gets crazy. This it the car I have been saying for as while was coming and this is really old news.

The first thing to keep in mind is it will not be cheap nor will many be imported. This is a performance sedan and I think it will be more G8 GXP than G8 GT. So expect a price close to $40,000 and V8 only with one trim level.

Also keep in mind with the weak American dollar this could effect this car coming. It would not be the first time it has happened. Being sold in limited numbers may help.
The G8 was imported before so how would it change the price from previously? Yes our $ has lost some value but it was done before and can be done again. And the GXP was already 40k last time.

Personally if they only bring the GXP I won't get it. I drove the GT and GXP and it was not worth the price increase between the 2 models for the limited gains.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerhippi
The G8 was imported before so how would it change the price from previously? Yes our $ has lost some value but it was done before and can be done again. And the GXP was already 40k last time.

Personally if they only bring the GXP I won't get it. I drove the GT and GXP and it was not worth the price increase between the 2 models for the limited gains.
It would change as there would be no GT or V6 option that could be had for under $30K. Keep in mind they sold less than 1500 GXP's.

GM calls this a limited Performance sedan and has hinted before it would be a Chevy GXP for the most part. Chevy has called it a 4 door Camaro SS.

The bottom line is I expect GM will sell less than 5K units a year or less of this car. They also can't take the big hit on CAFE.

The Value of the dollar could still hurt this deal. The US dollar will hit all time lows next summer according to many. That could hold up this deal.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:14 PM

May I ask, where did you get this information? I'm not trying to start anything, but why do you say this is only going to be the GXP?