The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Port holes, it was bound to happen

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
You`re welcome to show your pix, I`d like to see what you did to make your Ride unique, yet so tasteful , that all will agree that you stayed "UNDERBOARD".
Sure, I like clean lines. I'm not running out and doing the all stick on method. If that's what you like, thats fine. Some go way overboard. Only "sticker" type item on mine is the pin stripes that were on it when I bought it. Those will be coming off once the pattern is finalized and the paint gun is loaded. But here's a shot in it's current state. Only thing done is fog's, lower grill, limo tint, and visors (if it didn't get 115 here in the summer, they would not be on), and a stainless exhaust tip.

Name:  Picture266.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  83.5 KB

Old 04-11-2007, 05:31 PM

That`s a good looking ride, can`t knock anything you`ve done.
Never was my intention, just wanted to let people who are so vocal about other`s rides that their ride may turn someone off too.(not saying I was turning people off )
But picking this or that to rag on doesn`t make anyone feel good about showing their ride. I would love to lower, get rims, custom paint, sounds, and heck, own the ride outright. But I can`t. So I do what I can with what I`ve got.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 AM

That`s a good looking ride, can`t knock anything you`ve done.
Never was my intention, just wanted to let people who are so vocal about other`s rides that their ride may turn someone off too.(not saying I was turning people off )
But picking this or that to rag on doesn`t make anyone feel good about showing their ride. I would love to lower, get rims, custom paint, sounds, and heck, own the ride outright. But I can`t. So I do what I can with what I`ve got.
It's cool, I like to watch and see what others are doing. There have been several things I wanted at first, then decided against. I did the full conversion package deal on my truck, then went to custom and dropped.

I went from the "Family Truckster":
Name:  truckster.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  50.2 KB
To dropped:
Name:  P2240005.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  42.0 KB

Oh the things I could have done if I had of just waited. Oh well, I liked each version.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 PM

I know I shouldn`t ask, but are those functional scoops on the hood ?
And is there really a difference between parts screwed on and parts stuck on ? Both are adhered, just different methods.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 AM

I know I shouldn`t ask, but are those functional scoops on the hood ?
And is there really a difference between parts screwed on and parts stuck on ? Both are adhered, just different methods.
They were stuck on, and later came off. I call it a brain fart at the time....

Screwed verses stuckon...... That's not really the issue for me. Some things can only be mounted in one way. A couple of carefully placed items can change a cars appearance and enhance it. Some, just don't know when to stop.

AS far as the port holes, I look at them like the 3d CHEVROLET emblems people are doing. THey look fine, (personally like the chevy scrip better, but that's just me). What I don't like is badges in general for me. I like the clean debadged look. SO far I have not removed any from mine, the GM badges are small and the HHR & LT are in the bottom corners on the gate (not mid way up like most). It also makes cleaning/waxing easier with no badges.

SO please don't take it the wrong way. If you like port holes or stick on scoops, buy all means, do your ride how it makes you happy. That's what this is all about. I caught a lot of flack about my truck in the first stage from some, and similiar from other about the way it ended up. But I was the only one that had to be happy. Also remember, and this goes for all, if you do something, and ask for opinions, be prepared to get positive and negative. SOme just can't take the latter.......

And I just bought my first "stick on" for the HHR, (besides the visors). A Silver Carbon Fiber rear bumper cover. Hope that wont' be another brain fart....

And when I get the money together, a friend that does custom paint is going to lay down some ghost flames for me. He is working on a pattern now, I told them this had better not be a "brain fart".......

Old 04-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Most of what you said is exactly what I was thinking, stick-on, change your mind, take`em off. No lose.
My only complaint is when someone else takes them off. It`s my choice...
I certainly don`t want to make any permanent changes to my "Wife`s" ride anyway, she may want to trade in/up.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Sure, I like clean lines. I'm not running out and doing the all stick on method. If that's what you like, thats fine. Some go way overboard. Only "sticker" type item on mine is the pin stripes that were on it when I bought it. Those will be coming off once the pattern is finalized and the paint gun is loaded. But here's a shot in it's current state. Only thing done is fog's, lower grill, limo tint, and visors (if it didn't get 115 here in the summer, they would not be on), and a stainless exhaust tip.

Hey Joe
That looks like a DOD sticker in the lower Left, Your ride looks very nice and Clean.

Rudy