The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Posting an Replies - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by JonyyB
Unfortunately some people offend others like it’s their day job!
Not to mention any names (CH) but I am really getting sick of it! I am going to start banning people now. I have wasted my time trying to be fair and ask for respect for me, our members, and our visitors. If you don’t care I won’t care anymore.

So I am done with the talk and I am doing the walk.

If you are and ass ---- > You will be banned. No questions, no explanations.
Sounds fair enough to me.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:05 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
THIS IS NOT A TYPING OR SPELLING TEST
Didn't say it was. But if some people would slow down and read their posts before submitting it would make reading their posts easier by not having to guess what they mean.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:26 AM

Legal Issues

Originally Posted by JonyyB
Unfortunately some people offend others like it’s their day job!
Not to mention any names (CH) but I am really getting sick of it! I am going to start banning people now. I have wasted my time trying to be fair and ask for respect for me, our members, and our visitors. If you don’t care I won’t care anymore.

So I am done with the talk and I am doing the walk.

If you are and ass ---- > You will be banned. No questions, no explanations.
BE CARFULL, THERE MAY BE LEGAL ISSUES WITH YOU BANNING PEOPLE FOR WHAT YOU THINK IS BAD POSTING. THIS IS ALL SUPPOST TO BE INFORATIVE AND FUN. BUT I'LL ADMITT THAT SOMETIMES IT DOES GET OUT OF HAD. WE'LL TRY TO GET ALONG, BUT WE ARE HUMAN AND PRONE TO MAKE MISTAKES IN OUR JUDGMENT. TRY TO RELAX OL'BUDDY. NO ONE IS OUT TO RUIN YOUR DAY OR ANYONE ELSE.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
BE CARFULL, THERE MAY BE LEGAL ISSUES WITH YOU BANNING PEOPLE FOR WHAT YOU THINK IS BAD POSTING. THIS IS ALL SUPPOST TO BE INFORATIVE AND FUN. BUT I'LL ADMITT THAT SOMETIMES IT DOES GET OUT OF HAD. WE'LL TRY TO GET ALONG, BUT WE ARE HUMAN AND PRONE TO MAKE MISTAKES IN OUR JUDGMENT. TRY TO RELAX OL'BUDDY. NO ONE IS OUT TO RUIN YOUR DAY OR ANYONE ELSE.

Because the rules have been stated, any banning that an Admin deems necessary is completely up to him. No legal issues can be brought against a privately owned site. Even if when you joined the site, you didn’t read the disclaimer and you check the ‘I agree to these terms’.....it still applies to you.

If you are an ASS….goodbye! Woo Hoo!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

But one again everyones perspective of bring an ass is different. Is it going to get to the point of someone posting their personal opinion about something not meaning to be an "ass" and someone takes it the wrong way and starts begging JonyyB to ban people. The fence swings both ways. We don't live some ultra nice everyone gets along agrees fantasy world. And not everyone has the same opinions, ideas, beliefs, backgrounds, and feelings. Part of what makes America so great is our diversity. Wanting everyone to act the same way and not be themselves is just wrong. There wouldn't be any problems if people would stop pushing hot issues like religion and politics. Those are the two main topics I try to avoid on a daily basis because I'm smart enought to know that even people of the same religion or political party have very different ideas from one another and argue amongst themselves. Now when you add in people of other religions and political parties in the discussion there is just bound to be trouble.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
But one again everyones perspective of bring an ass is different. Is it going to get to the point of someone posting their personal opinion about something not meaning to be an "ass" and someone takes it the wrong way and starts begging JonyyB to ban people. The fence swings both ways. We don't live some ultra nice everyone gets along agrees fantasy world. And not everyone has the same opinions, ideas, beliefs, backgrounds, and feelings. Part of what makes America so great is our diversity. Wanting everyone to act the same way and not be themselves is just wrong.

I have to agree. I may not agree with a few things the capt has said but I do not feel he has been an ass about anything. Sorry Capt I was not picking on you Just an example since you posted last. I am sure NG does not agree with things I said during the lakers suns playoffs but I am guessing he does not think I am being an ass. I am just being me and having fun and voicing my about a topic
Old 05-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
Sorry Capt I was not picking on you
Go ahead and pick on me. I don't mind and you are definitely not being an ass!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:59 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Go ahead and pick on me. I don't mind and you are definitely not being an ass!
Wasn't that the point of the ROAST?
Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 AM

Hey HEY HEY. No fighting please. Cant we all just get along.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
Wasn't that the point of the ROAST?
Yes the Roast was funny. But remarks towards captain should go in there. But that roast was in all good fun and laugh's. Heck I started that roast.

Quick Reply: Posting an Replies - Thoughts?