The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Potential replacement for the SS?!?!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:38 PM

Potential replacement for the SS?!?!!

OK, so this was absolutely the most fun driving experience I ever had! I got an invite to the Cadillac CTS-V Series Performance Lab in Joliet , IL last weekend! It was an all morning, all-out, race around the road-course track day with your choice of coupe, sedan or wagon CTS-V! (yes, that's the 556hp supercharged 6.2L) It was absolutely a hoot!

I fell in love with the black sport wagon with the 6-speed manual trans and was grinning ear-ear as I speed shifted & raced that baby through the twisties and roared down the back straight at the Autobaunn County Club! It was absolutely awesome! Now I just have to figure out how to come up with the extra $50K or so when I sell the SS! Heres a few pics...

Wagon looks great in black I think...

The new coupe is awesome also!

My buddy strapping on the bucket to go out for another run!

All kinds of cool cars and models to check out!

Best looking sedan there I thought... a new "Cadillac Blue" concept car with suede Recaro seats and Corsa exhaust. This thing really barked!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM

I always have a soft spot for Cadillacs.

Looked like an absolute blast! I'm so jealous!

How'd you get invited?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM

I'm with you on that ^. Black CTS-v wagon, but mine would have to be an automatic to please the wifey. But I have visions of one in the future. Just gotta work harder.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by nacademus
I always have a soft spot for Cadillacs.

Looked like an absolute blast! I'm so jealous!

How'd you get invited?
I'm not sure how they got my name, probably magazine subscription? Hot-Rod mag. or other. I got a post card in the mail, but my buddy got his via email a week or so later...

It was very cool! I coupldn't believe the smooth power those cars had. What a bucket-load of torque, something like 550 ft. lbs. at 3k rpm! Any time you nailed it it just pulled unbelievably!

The auto was fun as a start, to get used to the track, but the stick really woke it up much more! It really felt like a true race car... but there I was gliding along in this sweet luxury car with roar of the exhaust and tires burning! Very nice!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Premium Member

So someone finally found something that's more fun that our little race wagons. I enjoyed driving the S6 wagon too, I just can't pay the price, and I don't think 50k is going to take that one home either ?? When you start with FUN and divide by MONEY, and then multiply by VERSATILITY, I haven't found one to match the little bowtie wagon. It really sucks, that I couldn't be there with you, for me. That must have made your adrenaline flow pretty good !!

I really like the wheels on that one (silver) the blonde is standing by. Think we can get them in 5 x 110 ??
Old 08-03-2011, 10:30 PM

50k plus whatever he sells the SS for would at least get it in his driveway.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:32 PM

LLet's say you DID buy it. Then what? You can't haul that much ass getting groceries. Track visits consecutively would be where its at.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:38 PM

Yeah, I'd drive that
Old 08-03-2011, 10:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8As1zshWxn0

It must be fun to run it and have onstar call about your "accident". The CTS-V is a great vehicle and I would love to own one. Just not going to happen for me anytime soon. Unless someone wants to loan me 40K. Anyone?

Dave
Old 08-04-2011, 06:23 AM

Awesome! Only I feel bad for the unsuspecting buyers that will ultimatly get those cars, not knowing they were ridden hard and put up wet.

Quick Reply: Potential replacement for the SS?!?!!