The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Premium vs Free Membership

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:41 PM

Premium vs Free Membership

I've noticed a "development" on the site. Some members aren't renewing their Premium Memberships. I renewed mine because I figured "why not". Not that there are so many wonderous things in the Dungeon, but because it helps JonyyB keep the site running. I was just wondering why others haven't renewed. I mean...is it a dissapointment thing? Some sort of revolt? Just wondering...
Old 05-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

I could be booted at any given time so......... I also don't like that you can still be censored in the dungeon. It defeats the purpose.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:09 PM

I may not renew mine due to the fact of some members.
True the good does outway the bad.
But when people you seem to trust, respect, and the meaning of a friend starts to turn, well..................................
People slam you at times because you post, then get mad because you don't...
Well I still have a little more time to see.
At present this is how I feel.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by karen1953
I may not renew mine due to the fact of some members.
True the good does outway the bad.
But when people you seem to trust, respect, and the meaning of a friend starts to turn, well..................................
People slam you at times because you post, then get mad because you don't...
Well I still have a little more time to see.
At present this is how I feel.
Don't let it get you so down. We all get to each other now and again. My advise is don't take the site so seriously. I've been working at my anger and general desire to be an ass. Now if I could just cut back on the sarcasm. Sorry if any of how you're feeling is my fault.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:27 PM

No Capt I enjoy you and your sarcasm
Old 05-13-2007, 07:33 PM

I didn't renew mine for several reasons. I already have the decal and I'm sure we don't get a new one upon renewal. I don't need space for 500 PM's, I don't ever use the attachment thing and haven't been to the dungeon in ages. While I realize it helps support the site...the price increased and none of the things we have been promised have materialized, like the VB Garage and the certificate for being chosen featured HHR of the month. Not that it's that big of a deal to have a piece of paper...it's the fact that we were told we would get one and nearly 6 months later, I still have not seen mine.

I also feel that when people ask for small things, like a welcome or introductions board that it would be nice to see things like that happen. It only takes a few minutes to do that and would eliminate all the welcome messages scattered everywhere on the boards.

Call it a revolt or being a bit rebellious, but I just can't justify it in my own mind. Between the fees charged to the participating vendors and new premium members, I'm sure my not paying the renewal fee isn't going hurt him one way or the other. Besides...I figured that with all the sigs I have done in the past and those I will do in the future, that I contribute more than enough.

PS...let's see how long this lasts before you get a lock.

Hopefully my being candid won't get me booted...but you know me...ask what I think and you shall receive. Some may like and some may not...but that's how I feel.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Founding Member

Guest Mode: Basically can view threads only.
Limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

Regular membership:
Upon joining agree:
Forum Rules:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Chevy HHR Network will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Chevy HHR Network, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Chevy HHR Network reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
By joining our free community you will have access to post topics,
communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls,
upload content and access many other special features.

Premium:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/faq....=faq3#faq_faq4
Besides contributing to the development of the site, Premium Membership will allow you to :
- 500 Private Message Space… yes 500! (NEW!)
- Upload profile pictures
- Upload attachments (pics) directly in threads
- Access to the Premium Members Only forums.
- Premium Membership status under your username
- ChevyHHR.net decal shipped to your address
Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Guest Mode: Basically can view threads only.
Limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

Regular membership:
Upon joining agree:
Forum Rules:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Chevy HHR Network will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Chevy HHR Network, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Chevy HHR Network reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
By joining our free community you will have access to post topics,
communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls,
upload content and access many other special features.

Premium:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/faq....=faq3#faq_faq4
Besides contributing to the development of the site, Premium Membership will allow you to :
- 500 Private Message Space… yes 500! (NEW!)
- Upload profile pictures
- Upload attachments (pics) directly in threads
- Access to the Premium Members Only forums.
- Premium Membership status under your username
- ChevyHHR.net decal shipped to your address
And your point is.....................
Old 05-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
And your point is.....................
Well it is the answer to the the difference of premium vs. free membership. It's just not the answer to the personal question Firewatcher asked.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Well it is the answer to the the difference of premium vs. free membership. It's just not the answer to the personal question Firewatcher asked.
Which was my point.

Nothing against Sindy, she does a GREAT job here as a mod.

Sometimes it seems like she is the ONLY one who actually cares what goes on around here. Last I checked, a couple days ago, one mod hadn't even been on the site for two months!

Quick Reply: Premium vs Free Membership