The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Random Rant- Dealership sold the car

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 01:43 PM

It is hard to sign the papers when the dealership is 6 hours away, and my credit union has crappy hours but was willing to do financing on a 02 which most places wouldn't do.

Also wasn't putting money down on a car we had yet to seen in person.

As we all know dealership aren't honest so I don't trust them telling me a car is in perfect shape as enough to put cash down.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Deceased

Well I know you're ticked off, but you can look at it this way, sometimes pictures don't tell the whole story. You might have traveled six hours and then found that the car wasn't to your liking after all. Cars can look great in photos, and then you see them up close and realize "what a piece of sh*t!". My advice is to take a few deep breaths and head to Cracker Barrel for some Coca-Cola cake with extra ice cream.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:50 PM

haha yeah I know, we just did cracker barrel Sunday morning, lol. I dont' care as much as now I have a grouchy boy here at home who was really wanting this car. I just got the HHR so I am set for a car for a few years, him not so much. haha I got stuck with bagel pizza's for dinner because he was too grouchy to cook.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Deceased

Bagel pizza's, oh he so owes you a nice dinner out!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:27 PM

haha, don't diss the bagel pizza.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:54 PM

You know what's just about as bad? When I was 17 I fell in love with a 1965 Mustang Red convertible, 4 speed, 289, etc. I brought my father to look at the car the next day and they had a "SOLD" tag on the car. I went nuts! I wanted that car so bad. Suddenly the salesman says something to the effect of "Well, I haven't done the paperwork yet, or he didn't put a deposit on it, so I guess you could still buy it".

I fell for it hook, line and sinker! There went my negotiating down the drain and he probably got me for another $300 by doing it that way.

Know how you feel on your deal. I had a deal to buy a TracVac for my lawn last year and the guy was out of town. Told me I could pick it up that Saturday. Suddenly he's not returning my e-mails, and then tells me "his mother sold it without him knowing". Total BS.

But... life goes on and there's always a reason for everything and a nicer car somewhere - just watch!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by AJochum
But... life goes on and there's always a reason for everything and a nicer car somewhere - just watch!

What he said!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 AM

Can't blame the dealership on this one.... there was no deposit to hold the car. If they held it for you and you didn't come through, they don't get a sale at all and there would be 3 pissed off people:

The other potential customer
The guy trying to sell you the car
and the other sales guy who didn't get to sell it to the customer with money.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 PM

I've been in situations like this more than a few times in my lifetime. I've learned that even with the disappointments and extra preparation for a deal, it simply wasn't meant to be if a system of fate presents it. In all cases, I have always found that the next deal was better anyway. Not to say "sour grapes" but maybe that Saleen will blow a head gasket or other in the near future. Or maybe you'll find the color that you wanted or something with the exact options that you want for the same price.

From my own personal and most recent experience, I was looking for an "almost new" HHR SS in late '08 (under 7500 mi). My personal option preferences consisted of manual trans, LSD and sunroof. Either Black or Vic Red was fine as I like the SS in both flavors. A creep in PA sold a Vic Red HHR SS with manual trans, but no LSD out from under me in a similar situation and even gave me a hard time about "not needing customers like me". In a couple of weeks I ended up finding a black SS at a dealer in NJ with all of the options that I wanted including LSD for $1,029 less than the creep in PA. Good thing for me that the "perfect deal" that I found in PA fell through.

You'll probably end up with something better...
Old 12-09-2010, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe
Can't blame the dealership on this one....
I agree I can understand being upset about losing out on what might have been a great deal but if you're not willing to step up with some greenbacks to ensure them of your interest then you can't blame them for selling it.

Quick Reply: Random Rant- Dealership sold the car