The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Random Rant- Dealership sold the car

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 AM

If they would have called us when the other people walked in and asked us for a deposit we would have given then something, but they didn't. They had our contact information but didn't use it, they didn't contact us for 3 days after it sold and tell us it sold. It was just crappy communication from them all around.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerhippi
They had our contact information but didn't use it, they didn't contact us for 3 days after it sold and tell us it sold. It was just crappy communication from them all around.
We will just have to disagree on this. If you were truely interested a deposit would have been put it place. You already previously stated you hadn't seen the car and wouldn't have put a deposit on it without seeing it first. You didn't put forth that effort and the dealership happened to find a buyer. As far as them contacting you after it was sold, why would they?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
We will just have to disagree on this. If you were truely interested a deposit would have been put it place. You already previously stated you hadn't seen the car and wouldn't have put a deposit on it without seeing it first. You didn't put forth that effort and the dealership happened to find a buyer. As far as them contacting you after it was sold, why would they?
EXACTLY!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:25 AM

As far as them contacting you after it was sold, why would they?
Out of respect? Was the salesperson to busy? Its not like they have that much to do. Plus it would have given a good impression to a prospective buyer.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by RedwoodPerch
Was the salesperson to busy?
According to her posts she wasn't working with a salesperson but the GM Could he have called or sent a message saying it sold, probably. Was it necessary, I don't think so giving the information laid out in this thread.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:07 PM

I agree I can understand being upset about losing out on what might have been a great deal but if you're not willing to step up with some greenbacks to ensure them of your interest then you can't blame them for selling it.
You would be suprised how many people don't get basic sales issues. Deposits down is the only way to go.

I had my bud last summer, when looking at a used harley. First off, he loved the bike and was talking about how great this & that is on the bike. He's telling the owner this. WTF Is he buying or selling the bike? LOL Then he left without leaving a deposit. The guy sold the bike the next morning. Plain and simple lack of sales logic.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Yup. Should have put down a deposit. Then the car would have been yours.
I saw a Auto Trader ad for a Sunburst Orange HHR in Nampa, Idaho - 320 miles away. I would have had to give the sales guy a refundable $500 deposit over the phone and they would have held it for me for a week.
( Unfortunatlely, I found out about the vehicle a bit too late - they already had an offer pending when I called. )