The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Rate your HHR's name

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:42 PM

Okay, just to keep the list, I quoted here.

Originally Posted by R CA HHR
Wheelie
Nemo
Dory
Chops
Sebastian
Sirius Blackie
Baby
Fiji
Starting from the top:

WHEELIE - rate about a 7. It's cute.
NEMO and DORY - both a 9, but that's coming from someone with a simialrly named ride (see below)
CHOPS - unique. I give it an 8.
SEBASTIAN - a 9 for similar reasons to Nemo and Dory.
SIRIUS BLACKIE - now that's a name for a car. 10, easy.
BABY - simple, yet elegant. 7.
FIJI - once again, quite unique. I give it a 7.5.

My car is Stitch II. The "II" is because it's my second Stitch. I came up with the name for two reasons: I loved the movie Lilo and Stitch because it reminded me of my childhood memories of Hawaii, and because my original was a DBM, almost the perfect color to match Stitch's fur. I stick with this motif all the time, even when I'm not showing the car. (I have my supply of Stitch plushies in the car at all times: one on the center console and three in the back seat.)
Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Stitch I gets a 20 for a job well done.
Stitch II gets a 9 for having to follow in the footsteps of a true hero HHR.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 PM

The Deer Slayer

The name stuck after the First Deer ran into the back passenger door and 450 miles later it was the front ender, 3rd was one i clipped the hind legs. #4 ran into the small trailer I was pulling last week. The rest is history.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 PM

Ok, More ratings from me...Let's see..

Baby: 6....While it is cute, I don't really think it fits the HHR, sorry...

Stitch II: 9 and a quarter...LOL...while the color is right, I don't believe it fits the HHR's personality....HHR is rather calm and optimistic..Stitch was Wild and angry..:-S

Deer Slayer:..Honestly, I don't know WHAT to rate your HHR, I feel so sorry for the deers!!!....the name just saddens me..I'm sorry, Probably a 3..
Old 11-07-2007, 11:46 PM

Deer Slayer is the only name that could be given to the deer magnet of an HHR that you have, it's not like you hunt them down and run them over. For turning bad luck into a your name your name gets a 9

BTW if we ever caravan somewhere together, I'm not driving anywhere near you....I like my HHR deer fur free!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie7
Stitch II: 9 and a quarter...LOL...while the color is right, I don't believe it fits the HHR's personality....HHR is rather calm and optimistic..Stitch was Wild and angry..:-S
Obviously, you've never seen me drive.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Obviously, you've never seen me drive.
LOL!!....I did not mean YOUR personality, I meant the HHR's! LOL..:)
Old 11-09-2007, 02:00 PM

AbbyMobile- Well Iwanted a new car and my husband said it needed to be a wagon or van or SUV cause I haul my therapy dog Abby Road around to volunteer, So when I got my HHR it became the AbbyMobile
Old 11-09-2007, 03:16 PM

At first I named my HHR Chupathingy but that was a mouthful. Re-named to "Shiela". Both are references to characters in an online mahinima called Red VS Blue. Chupathingy was a sarcastic response to naming a vehicle after a mythological creature (chupacabra). Shiela was the name of the soft spoken tank (her AI personality) for the blue team that, when crossed, has an attitude. Very funny program! (if you can handle the language)

I rate everyone above me a *10* for the creativity to name and personalize your HHR no matter the background! This is why HHR owners are the best!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:35 PM

Okay, here's Bob's story.........

When my son who is now 3 was beginning to learn his colors, he kept calling red, "Daddy's car".

He soon became obsessed with a show called Veggie Tales which has a character called "Bob the Tomato". As his obsession grew he started associated red with "Bob".
Name:  talktotomatoes.gif
Views: 22
Size:  5.2 KB

So when we started to asking him what colors things were and asked him what color my car was he'd say it was "Bob".

I now even have a "Bob" thing hanging from my rear view mirror.

(Yes he now knows the my car is red.)

Quick Reply: Rate your HHR's name