The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Regions/Borders
Necessary
0%
Un-necessary
52.00%
Fine like it`s set up
32.00%
Not set up right ( in my opinoin )
16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Regions

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:22 AM

Regions

This is a poll about REGIONS/BORDERS.
Are they necessary ?
Are they set up right (in your opinion ) ?
Are they ok?

After some discussion/debate about this subject, I thought , just for the sake of it, to ask the membership how they/you feel about being seperated into groups or regions. Is it devisive? Are the groups logically made ?What ever ? Just a discussion...
Old 10-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Banned

I say it doesn't really make a difference. There are some goofy things about the way our regions are set up like the way my region (NE) goes all the way from Maine to Maryland or Hawaii being grouped with California and Alaska being grouped with a Canadian region but I don't think JonyyB set up the regions up to cause arguments. What difference does it really make if a member wants to be active in the next closest region because their region isn't that active. I would be happy just to have people near me that wanted to have runs and meets regardless of a stupid regional map.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:43 AM

Well said Captain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:37 AM

Have the regions is good for making a post about get togethers, and keep things together. Other that they are kinda useless. If I lived close to the Cali/Az border chances are I am going to want to know about things going on in cali since it would probally be a shorter drive.
I just do not think you should hold it against someone if they are not in your "region" and want to hang out with you. Sounds like playground crap because someone has the wrong shoes he can not hang out with the "cool" group
Old 10-07-2006, 10:26 AM

I have sat by and watched all that has been going on and kept quiet since I do not live in/or near the region that prompted this poll. While I can understand how many of you feel about the boundaries of the region, it seems to me that many have forgotten one important thing. When we joined this forum, we agreed to the terms and conditions of forum and that would include accepting how it was set up. It takes a great deal of time to organize and maintain an online forum and deal with the multitude of people who post on them as well. You can take all the polls you want and have all the discussion you want, but the bottom line is that the ultimate decision concerning any changes lies with JonyyB. All the dysfunction we have seen lately only causes discord among the members, but I'm sure leaves him scratching his head wondering why people can't play nice.

While I realize that the Featured HHR for this forum is not done on a set schedule, I believe that having a ROTM for a particular region takes away from the prestige of being selected to represent the forum during their reign. If you want to select one on a monthly basis, it appears to me that you are planning monthly get togethers, why not select it from those who attend each of these functions. If someone from another region attends your get together, they should be automatically included since they made the effort to attend a function outside of the region where they live.

Last but not least...take a look back at what has happened to date with all the negative posts that have been made. Picture yourself as a visitor for the very first time...would you want to be a part of all the discord that has been going on lately? I thouroughly check out an entire community before I decide to join and decide if this is a place I would like hang my hat, but if I were making that decision at this moment, I would be reluctant to join because of what I have seen as of late.

I love being part of a forum and participate in other HHR, NASCAR and football forums. If there is hostility and discontentment, I generally avoid all of that and post on other parts of the forum where it doesn't exist, however, the discontent here has spilled onto other boards as well. Please give all of this a rest and think about what is best for the entire community, not just one select group. If that doesn't happen, I'm afraid we will see more stringent rules and less guidelines. This is supposed to be a happy place where we can have fun and exchange ideas...not a place that breeds discontent between the members. If it continues to fester, it will continue to infect the rest of the forum and it won't be fun for anyone at all. This is a great forum and it would be a shame to see that happen.

Based on the above, I am voting to leave the regions as they are. It has worked fine as far as I am concerned and I have met some great people in person as a result of how things are set up. Have fun and be happy...that's what having an HHR is all about.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:36 AM

well personally i talk to ppl from other regions then my own......i really havent spoken to anyone from my region but what does it really matter where u live we all have something in common cant we just go off that
Old 10-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Founding Member

Boarders/regions, I'm all for the proposed boarder fencing along Mexico/USA!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Founding Member

Regions have allready been set up...... it is what it is.

Lets not turn this thread into what we have allready seen in other threads/posts. This topic is close to being exhaused, I dont think one can squeeze too much more life out of it.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I say it doesn't really make a difference. There are some goofy things about the way our regions are set up like the way my region (NE) goes all the way from Maine to Maryland or Hawaii being grouped with California and Alaska being grouped with a Canadian region but I don't think JonyyB set up the regions up to cause arguments. What difference does it really make if a member wants to be active in the next closest region because their region isn't that active. I would be happy just to have people near me that wanted to have runs and meets regardless of a stupid regional map.
I Whole Heartedly Agree with the captain..... the regions may be fine to pinpoint where you as an individual are from... or so ppl can see what's going on in a particular region.... but to bar someone that is willing to drive a lil farther ... or maybe even just to 'cross the state line' from your regions functions is assinine.... Think of it like the VFW or American Legion.. just cause you can join any post you want... you may not like the atmosphere or the ppl at one post so you drive a lil farther to go to another one... Let's just have FUN....
Old 10-07-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Regions have allready been set up...... it is what it is.

Lets not turn this thread into what we have allready seen in other threads/posts. This topic is close to being exhaused, I dont think one can squeeze too much more life out of it.

But to exclude ppl from functions/events because they live across the state line from your region seems a little "Mason / Dixon" to me.... what next... color prejudice? engine prejudice?