The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Resizing pics...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:19 AM

Resizing pics...

I give up!!! I resize it in photobucket and copy link here and it's stil lbig!!!.I want a sig of the z28 and the HHR...
Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Louvit
I give up!!! I resize it in photobucket and copy link here and it's stil lbig!!!.I want a sig of the z28 and the HHR...
My pictures automatically pull up in microsoft picture viewer format. I hit edit picture and then I chose the "Compress Pictures" option. It gives you several choices of how you want it compressed. I always use "Compress for Web Page" and it reduces the image to where I can post it.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:41 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Louvit

I have no problem resizing any of my pics hosted on PB.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:48 AM

Check out the freeware app called IrfanView at www.irfanview.com . I use this constantly at work, home, and for my own website.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Gremlin
Check out the freeware app called IrfanView at www.irfanview.com . I use this constantly at work, home, and for my own website.
My firewall at work blocks this site. Does it edit animated pic sizes too?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
My firewall at work blocks this site. Does it edit animated pic sizes too?
No, it doesn't. In order to do that you would need a tool that can extract the images from the video, resize them, and then re-assemble the video. I've used a program called PaintShop Pro to do that with some success. Another one that might be able to do that is ULead Gif Animator. I believe there is a freeware version of the ULead one out there as well. PaintShop Pro is not freeware.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 AM

this link on PB says 160x119...doesnt look that way to me

Old 05-30-2008, 10:51 AM

I use pixresizer, it is very easy, someone posted it on here and now we use it all the time for emails and etc.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Founding Member

If you upload to our Gallery servers , they are resized automatically.

Here is a link to a thread about picture resizing.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/picture-size-posts-%7C-free-image-resizing-software-2621/
Old 05-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Gremlin
No, it doesn't. In order to do that you would need a tool that can extract the images from the video, resize them, and then re-assemble the video. I've used a program called PaintShop Pro to do that with some success. Another one that might be able to do that is ULead Gif Animator. I believe there is a freeware version of the ULead one out there as well. PaintShop Pro is not freeware.
I had a 90 day trial on paintshop pro 8 that came with my PC when new. I never tried to use it until 2 weeks ago and it let me edit one animated pic then locked up stating the trial period was over. Ha Ha 2 years after I bought the PC. Anyway when I went to upgrade I found jasic sold out to corel and corels new paintshop pro X no longer offers animated editing. So I didn't do the $99 upgrade. I also started reading reviews on the new corel verision and found most people who were unhappy with it compared to the jasic versions. After some more internet surfing I found corel screws up everything they buy.

Oh well. Thanks I will see what ULead is about.

Quick Reply: Resizing pics...