The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Retro revival

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 02:15 AM
geg

Retro revival

very cool
very expensive
very stylish

http://www.allardj2x.com/ownership/overview.php
Old 11-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Deceased

Pretty cool! A bit more than my budget would allow(and beautiful wife too), but cool nonetheless. Back in college I had an economics professor who had a K-2 Allard, one sweet old ride, he's passed on now. I haven't been able to find out what happened to the Allard, hopefully went to a good home.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 AM
geg

Trying to figure out that wrote a respected 843de. An interesting point, guys. The word "COOL" has two meanings: "beautiful" and "a little chilly."
Anyway, On-line translator told me that.
That is the question. 843de like this car or not.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Deceased

Sorry for the confusion geg, in this case "cool" means I like the Allard. Sometimes American slang doesn't translate very well, if at all. Someday we hope to visit Russia and take in all the sights and history your country has to offer.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:55 AM
geg

No problems and no need to apologize.
I am myself to blame for my poor English.
You'll be in Yekaterinburg, call me. Show our reality, and sights.
My number is: + seven (nine two two) two hundred and seven - fifteen - fifty one.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 PM

No price listed, how much?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Deceased

Base price starts at $135,000 US before options. Its really nice but that's a bunch of HHR's you could buy, like one for each day of the week.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:11 AM

Ya know what Geg. Don't worry about it. Your english is great. Way way way way better than what 98% of us here would do with Russian, that much I will gaurantee you.

Cool
Badass
Awesome

All mean about the same thing, that being that the item in question is GOOD.

Have you ever seen the show "Long Way Round"? It's a motorcycle documentary on two riders that go around the world on their BMW motorcycles. They go through a bunch of Russia including the road of bones. It's an amazing story. From that I will tell you this. You have one beautiful country.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:50 AM
geg

Originally Posted by diskullman
No price listed, how much?
Originally Posted by 843de
Base price starts at $135,000 US before options. Its really nice but that's a bunch of HHR's you could buy, like one for each day of the week.
in Europe plan to sell this beauty for 115,500 euros (156,500 dollars), while in Britain, even for 95,000 pounds (162,000 dollars).
http://auto.km.ru/content/legendarny...etsya-v-evropu

I've seen. American craftsmen produce cars in their garages, not worse than this.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:18 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Ya know what Geg. Don't worry about it. Your english is great. Way way way way better than what 98% of us here would do with Russian, that much I will gaurantee you.

Cool
Badass
Awesome

All mean about the same thing, that being that the item in question is GOOD.

Have you ever seen the show "Long Way Round"? It's a motorcycle documentary on two riders that go around the world on their BMW motorcycles. They go through a bunch of Russia including the road of bones. It's an amazing story. From that I will tell you this. You have one beautiful country.
it's kind words. Thank you for this.

Unfortunately, my English is really bad. I communicate with you through the online translator to a large extent. But this communication helps to improve my grammar. In addition to benefits, it is still nice.

My country is really beautiful.
We have it all.
On one end of the tundra and permafrost. On the other side of the subtropics.
On one end of another at midnight. At the other end is tomorrow and people hurry to offices and factories .. New Year celebration turns into a total booze, because midnight is moving across the country 11 hours and the most impatient Russian uncork a bottle right after the morning washing. I do not know one person who saw the whole of Russia. If you're going to have time and inclination, come. Welcome. Russian simple in communication and hospitable.

And more interesting news. I think you guys will like it.
http://news.bcm.ru/doc/15173 + video

Quick Reply: Retro revival