The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Retro revival

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:56 AM

I truly love the fact that a Russian (and I mean that term with all due respect Geg!) interacts and contributes more on this site than many folks here in the states. I love to see how different cultures see and perceive the same thing in different ways. As you said Geg, the media has portrayed each side in mainly negative light- let's face it that's what sells ads and media shares unfortunately, but it's the everyday folks like you and I that can see through all the garbage and relate on an even level. To that I say "welcome" and continue to look forward to your posts and thoughts.

Later
Allex
Old 11-23-2010, 10:43 PM
geg

Originally Posted by asanti
I truly love the fact that a Russian (and I mean that term with all due respect Geg!) interacts and contributes more on this site than many folks here in the states. I love to see how different cultures see and perceive the same thing in different ways. As you said Geg, the media has portrayed each side in mainly negative light- let's face it that's what sells ads and media shares unfortunately, but it's the everyday folks like you and I that can see through all the garbage and relate on an even level. To that I say "welcome" and continue to look forward to your posts and thoughts.

Later
Allex
thanks for those kind words
Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM

I have met Russian women onthe Internet for the last 3 years have learned a lot about the cities they live in, they are unhappy with a lot of the Russian men, there are a lot of scams as I had contaced a Russian detective agency to check up on a lady that I was in contact with, they had a lot of info on what to watch out for a lot of very beautiful they all want to get married and come to the USA. hope you can make the next Toms Farm. Greg have a great day. [/I]
Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 PM
geg

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
I have met Russian women onthe Internet for the last 3 years have learned a lot about the cities they live in, they are unhappy with a lot of the Russian men, there are a lot of scams as I had contaced a Russian detective agency to check up on a lady that I was in contact with, they had a lot of info on what to watch out for a lot of very beautiful they all want to get married and come to the USA. hope you can make the next Toms Farm. Greg have a great day. [/I]
I also hope to get to Tom Farms. I want to know more about America and Americans.
Be careful on the Internet - scammers prey on foreigners in the Russian network.
But if you're really looking for a girlfriend - better than Russian you can not find. Just do not take very young.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:10 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Gas Man
further, you said you enjoy your signature posts. Why don't you include the other things, like a picture of vodka too. Plus what ever the other stuff was that you made reference to.
I've been thinking - what can we say about this. In Russia many thousands of varieties of vodka. New varieties of vodka appear every month.
Picture of vodka ... In our country, would say: "do not have to look at the vodka. Vodka to drink." Unfortunately, I can not pour you a cup. But I can tell you how we drink in Russia.

The first mention of Russian vodka - the late fourteenth century.
Around 1430 a monk Isidore of Chudov monastery is in the territory of the Moscow Kremlin, has created a recipe of the first Russian vodka. Having a good education and having the distilling equipment, he became the author qualitatively new alcoholic beverage.

drink is very popular. His drink ordinary people drink it the kings and nobles.

Recipe modern Russian vodka made the great Russian chemist Dmitri Mendeleev.

Dmitri Mendeleev, January 31, 1865 defended his doctoral dissertation on the connection of alcohol with water ", devoted to the theory of solutions based on studies of aqueous alcohol. in this thesis Mendeleyev proposed the alcohol content in vodka 40 °, as the ideal in terms of drinking.

For the Russian concept of "drink vodka" is not just intake of alcohol to get drunk. It's a ritual. Drink vodka is in a friendly atmosphere, among like-minded people. We have a saying - "open heart". Drink alone - the lot of man, descended to the bottom.

Vodka - an integral part of Russian life. Relaxant, the product exports, a way to combine people, a source of tax payments, a propaganda tool, a universal means of payment and versatile food.
Russian history can be traced in vodka labels.

Bottles of vodka the Russian Empire

Label Vodka «Ni shagu nazad» ("Not one step back") from the Second World War.

Label Vodka “Poehali” ("Let's go!" or “Forward!” difficult to maintain meaningful
) Flight of the first man in space. Portrait of Yuri Gagarin, in 1967.

Vodka is actively used in political struggles. Illegal (bribery of voters) and legally (advertising and promotional products).

Label Vodka "Tsar Boris" (King Boris). The mid-90's. On the label - Boris Yeltsin.

Vodka Putinka. Nominal vodka Vladimir Putin. Always on sale at a price of $4 - $5. Modest label.

Vodka designers are very creative.

Vodka can be exclusive and insanely expensive. This vodka is available only to the rich. In a typical store did not buy it.

Produced a tech package for vodka This Matryoshka is made of aluminum cloudy, onyx. In Inside thermal protection. Space technology. Fun and expensive.

I think this product is for foreigners. Brand awareness, first and foremost.

Crystal.

Kalashnikov.

And how many flavors! Brusnikka, lemon, cranberry, juniper, pepper, birch buds, crackers and much more.
But the Alaskan produce vodka with the taste of smoked salmon. We not have this vodka.

I will not bore you with my writings. Finally say. Vodka - a short drink. It does not need to savor, like cognac. (With the same success can savor kerosene.) Vodka should be well chilled. Gasped and slapped a shot, ate and breathed. Snack should be hot.

I was told in the U.S. today a great holiday. Thanksgiving Day. It seems that you eat a baked chicken in the circle of relatives. I congratulate you heartily.

We have also a holiday - the day the tax service. True, we do not really like the tax service. But in hearing about that we are not talking.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Very informative Geg.

Yes, yesterday, we had Thanksgiving Day. A tradition started when Native Americans (Indians and not from India) and Pilgrams from Europe. To give thanks for all of our great blessings. It's not baked chicken, it's baked Turkey and yes in circle of family. Thanks for the congratulations.