The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Saddam Hussien

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
I agree that part of that...how about pay per view?
PPV is alright. But only if the money goes to rebuilding Iraq. Kill two birds with one stone.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
I agree that part of that...how about pay per view?
Thats what I had said originally. Kinda like the warnings you see for Family Guy or and R rated movies. That would be worth the $29.95. Headline would read something like : "Saddam Hussein Rise to Death." I would order it
Old 11-08-2006, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by EL_REY
true.... but bin laden IS dead and has been for the longest time, at least thats MHO.... after reading countless things on the net (and those that are run by "freakin idiots") makes me think the guy has been dead for quite some time now... the french have said it, pakistanis have said it, and so have the egyptians i believe
I've heard the stories also. But like the most of the rest of the world, I don't believe it withough proof.

but i think he is/was on trial for the massacre/extermination/wiping out of some small village that tried to assassinate him in like 86, at least thats from what ive read, not so much about the gassing of the kurds
Your joking right? That is all you have heard? He did a whole lot more. Time for a little research.

Hanging is too good for him and all the terror he has done.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
I've heard the stories also. But like the most of the rest of the world, I don't believe it withough proof.

Your joking right? That is all you have heard? He did a whole lot more. Time for a little research.

Hanging is too good for him and all the terror he has done.
1) its been in alot of newspapers in the arab world(links that ive seen on those so called radical sites that doubt alot of things that the govt is telling us), but in tv i dont know, so i cant say for certain, but i do honestly believe he is dead.

2) no im not joking, and yes i know he did WAY more then why i typed, but that from what i have read was one of the only reasons(possibly the main reason) saddam was on trial for, the massacre of that village that tried to assassinate him, so dont tell me i need to do more research because i have, and like i said this is from the many news stories ive read. yes iknow he gassed(supposedly) yes i know he tortured, yes i know he did all the other things...but from ALL i have read it was mainly because they wiped out that village
Old 11-08-2006, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Would you mind sending me the links to the articles saying it was Iran (by PM)?? I would be interested in that !!!

let me look them up... i usually hit on them by "accident" while surfing on other sites looking up these things, hope i can still find them
Old 11-08-2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Would you mind sending me the links to the articles saying it was Iran (by PM)?? I would be interested in that !!!
I would like to see that also. Cause I have always seen statements like:

According to the official Iraqi government Web site, Saddam "Led the Iraqi people an army wisely and bravely against the aggression initiated and launched against Iraq by Khomeini's regime on September 4, 1980, which ended in Iraq 's great victory on August 8, 1988."

The historical record offers a somewhat different version of events, with Iraq invading Iran in a war which ended with that most ignominious of conclusions, a U.N. brokered cease-fire. During the Iran-Iraq war, Hussein used poison gas on his enemies, and not just the ones in Iran. Those pesky Kurds tried Revolution No. 9 (more like 99, or 999), and they got a face full of toxins for their trouble.

Saddam's move to gas the Kurds is a great talking point for some U.S. propagandists who gleefully note that the "Butcher of Baghdad" has "gassed his own people." The Kurds were poisoned mostly with Mustard Gas, which blisters the skin and lungs, as well as Nerve Agents and good old-fashioned cyanide.
The part that really sucks, is that we supported him back then.

The downside to the whole "gassing his own people" angle is, of course, that the United States under President Ronald Reagan was actively supporting Iraq with logistical and military assistance at the time, in one of those little "proxy wars" with the Soviets that always turned out so well.
Just doing a google search under his name reveals so many horror stories about this man.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sadda...&start=10&sa=N

Guess it makes a differance for those that were there to see some of it.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:44 AM

Old 11-08-2006, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Inframan
heh thats a good one

well some of these links mention that only iran could have used the gas..maybe it proves it, maybe it doesnt who knows.... most of us need to keep an open mind about some things, and not swallow all the crap that the gubment feeds us, and saying mm can i have some more?

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...cle1959051.ece
that one doesnt go into too much detail, it just mentions it

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/helms.html
sorta mentions it again

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/3441
and the response says that it was iraq not iran in this one

http://www.wanniski.com/showarticle.asp?articleid=2001

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2005/1...nst-kurds.html
Old 11-08-2006, 12:09 PM

gubment