The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

San Diego is BURNING

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 PM

San Diego is BURNING

My prayers go out to all, just heard over 250,000 evacuations so far, and not anywhere near over..... Remember to donate to the American Red Cross remember you can specify donations to specific catastrophes, here in San Diego are the Witch Fires and the Harris Fires, dont forget the Malibu Fires also,
Old 10-22-2007, 01:08 PM

I can't imagine what it must feel like to leave your house not knowing if it will still be there when you return. Thoughts and prayers go out to all who are effected by the California fires.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM

If I recall from a trip out there in 2004, San Diego is pretty much a tinder box anyway. They had another wildfire fire right before my visit. How many times can the same place be hit by tragedy?

Yes, I always donate to the Red Cross because some day I may need their help myself. I just keep donating and pray I don't ever need them.

Last edited by SandyBeach; 10-23-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM

I work in Irvine by the Santiago fire and it is hard to breathe here--the Santa Ana winds knocked out power in my part of the the OC yesterday and SoCal Edison (electric company) told me the winds are clocked as a category 2. You folk used to 'canes know more about that then we SoCal folks do!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:10 PM

We woke up to some damage today. A favorite tree, that was decked with Halloween lights, was murdered in cold blood...split 3 times and a twisted mess. Other branches in backyard trees broke and broke little baby trees underneathe. Our water heater door came off the closet and was banging against our bedroom sliding glass door!!! Planters overturned, boards off the spa, and Halloween decor up and down the street.

That said, we are all safe and secure, kind of choked by the smoke from time to time. The fires are quite a ways from us, and I feel sad for those who are breathing far worse in their lungs. The dust from the Santa Anas has invaded every inch of our house, and LOTS of work is in store when this ends.

This is a not-very-interesting slideshow I sent to my family showing the mess. Just click the photo:

Old 10-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Founding Member

My ride home is normally 1 1/2 hrs. It took me 3 1/2hr to get home this evening as highway 15@215 closed. Took the Palm Springs area way home back through Lucerne Valley. It's ok, I'm home safe and I am greatfull and I really didn't mind the drive today considering what others are going through!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
<snip>
The dust from the Santa Anas has invaded every inch of our house, and LOTS of work is in store when this ends.

This is a not-very-interesting slideshow I sent to my family showing the mess. Just click the photo:

Oh man, the dust! My little Blackie is so dusty, it looks like the dark metallic gray I wanted!

My black cat, Sparky was also covered in dust--he looked brown. Your 'hood looks similar to mine this morning! I was chasing my garbage cans all over the place.

Sad to see so many homes lost (over 100 so far)--apparently the SD fire is arson.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 PM

Words can not describe how I feel!
Sorry is not enough!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:56 PM

Have heard it was getting bad out there I've been into these areas and have family out there. My heart and prayers go out to all of you; I think fire has to be one of the worst disasters to deal with. I just wish there were more I could do to help, I hope it passes soon and everyone stays safe. God Bless
Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 AM

I hope that all from this area had a safe night and will have a safe day!

Quick Reply: San Diego is BURNING