The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Sat in the 2010 Camaro on Friday

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:06 PM

Sat in the 2010 Camaro on Friday

Well... I may have found the replacement for little Jack... (that is if I can come up with 35k LOL)

My best friend placed his order for his 2010 Camaro last month, and has been religiously following the Camaro5.com forum for about a 6 months now. on Christmas eve he read that there was a Red 1SS 6spd (tester) headed on a 1500 mile test trip from Canada to Fla and was about to cry when he found out that the chick was staying in Marco Island (about 45 mins from where we live)
Apparently he wanted to be sitting on the side of I75 when she drove by. Later that night she posted that she would be showing the car at a dealer in Naples from 10-2pm on Friday the 26th... (talk about a good Christmas for him)

Of course we headed down to Naples Friday morning to check it out. He has only seen this car in pics and at the auto shows (roped off of course) so he really really wanted to sit in the car and at least see what he just put a down payment on...

When we got to the dealership there were about 20 people standing in line to sit in the drivers seat. We looked like 2 little school girls chasing the Ice Cream Truck... we were there for about a half hour he asked the sales guy if he could hear the car run and the guys just threw him the key. (HOLY S**T) it was all i could do to get my camera switched to video mode before he fired it up. he gave it a couple revs and one really good one... The exhaust note is amazing! (for stock)

After that people started filing away slowly but surely. within 15 mins we were alone with the car... (no sales people, NO BODY) so we sat in the car and jammed out to the radio (turns on without the key, *weird*) and played with all the gadgets.

I went over the car with a fine tooth comb, and took lots of pictures (over 100 between the both of us) I really think GM outdid themselves on this one. This car is beautiful inside and out. Nothing looks cheap or cheaply manufactured... The lines are beautiful and the use of space is WAY better than the HHR LOL, although that red is fugly IMHO... As far as the price,fit and finish, horsepower, and looks i have checked the specs on the Mustang and Challenger and even though I'm a Chevy guy till the end, I believe this car is gonna be a hit! (just my .02)

Here are a couple of links to pics and the video, ENJOY!
[/FONT]
Video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skJt6irLCwY

Pics. http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...view=slideshow

P.S. the corvette in the pics is the same color as the Camaro he ordered.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:25 PM

Nice pictures and video thanks for posting! I would guess your friend ordered the cyber gray.Did he order any stripes?

I figure I wont get to see one in person until about the last of February.Me and the wife still haven't figured what color we want but it looks like I'll have to go with automatic for her.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:11 AM

That's a pretty sweet car. I think the dash (tach/speedo) would take me some time to get used to, but I really the the radio and temperature controls. They put some extra thought into those.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:33 AM

Sweet! .... me and the wife have been talking about also trading in the HHR once they finally come out....
Old 12-28-2008, 04:33 AM

Lets just say I haven't been apart of a Camaro forum for 5 years for no reason
Old 12-28-2008, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
Lets just say I haven't been apart of a Camaro forum for 5 years for no reason
5THGEN.ORG
Old 12-28-2008, 04:59 AM

I saw the Camaro prototype on the HOT ROD Power tour in 2007. Somewhere I have some photos of it along with a Reggie Jackson Camaro. With GM down in the dumps, will they build it and will it sell?

I was never much of a Camaro fan in the past. A former brother-in-law has a 72 RS with the 302 V8 with a Hurst 3 speed transmission on the floor. (the 3 speed floor shift was the base transmission) No one ever ordered them like that. The car did really scoot. His sister thought it road like a truck and no room in the back seat. So I ended up with a four door 76 Nova which I set up like a police car 350 4bbl, sport suspension, posi with the only difference was a 2.72 rear axel. The car was a cruiser and one of the most trouble free cars I ever had until the rust gods ate it up.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:57 AM

At Least This Looks Better Than 4th Gen. & I've Always Thought That 3rd Gen. Looked Better Than 4th Gen. Even.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:29 AM

Nice, Thanks for the Video and Picture's. I wouldn't mind having one once all the Hype has gone down. Only problem i have is Winter in Chicago.

We will see, a lot can happen in 1.5yr's.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=JACK-07;340682]Apparently he wanted to be sitting on the side of I75 when she drove by.

I saw that car heading down I 75!!! At first I couldn't tell what it was so I followed it and pulled up along side. From the side at first I thought it might be a Chrysler 300 or something similar. Then I saw the "Camaro" badge. I wasn't impressed. It looked big and heavy. I blew it off with my Panel and continued on down the road.

Quick Reply: Sat in the 2010 Camaro on Friday