The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Personally I would have stopped, called 911, and waited for police and paramedics to arrived unless it put myself in danger. Stepping over someone is wrong, they should have at least walked around. Taking a pic is just wrong and morbid. I still wouldn't have physically helped myself because like I said my lack of knowledge would probably make things worse and my fear of touching strangers bodily fluids.
Plus, a lot of times when an unknowledgeable person helps out, it sets them up for a lawsuit if something goes wrong.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:17 AM

That is a sad example of todays society. It was a convience mart. They should have some sort of plastic materials in the store that a person could use to put pressure on the bleeding. I'm not a doctor either, but I know to put pressure on bleeding areas.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:25 AM

I guess my Nursing skills might have been used. I always have gloves, masks, gowns, B/P cuff, scope, sutures, and dressings in my hidding place in my HHR.
Call me stupid, I am always ready, to help.
Good Sam Law.
I know my limits!
Oh yeah 2 different cell phones, different carriers.

Last edited by karen1953; 07-04-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tcstoy
That is a sad example of todays society. It was a convience mart. They should have some sort of plastic materials in the store that a person could use to put pressure on the bleeding. I'm not a doctor either, but I know to put pressure on bleeding areas.
That's if the wound is to a vein. If the wound is to an organ or lung I think applying pressure would do more damage than good.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by karen1953
I guess my Nursing skills might have been used. I always have gloves, masks, gowns, B/P cuff, scope, sutures, and dressings in my hidding place in my HHR.
Call me stupid, I am alway ready, to help.
Good Sam Law.
I know my limits!
Oh yeah 2 different cell phones, different carriers.
That's not stupid, that's awesome!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:36 AM

It wasn`t a body, the person died at the hospital, a body implies that the person was dead already, if that was the case, (and it wasnt) at that point, it is a crime scene, and you`re not supposed to enter or disturb any part of the area.
Welcome to America...
Old 07-04-2007, 11:52 AM

Forgot to say, I have only sutured my horses (barb wire run in), dogs, and cattle,, no lic for human, but still carry.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:15 PM

At the very least...the video should be made public at some point in time so others can see who these individuals are that did nothing. Sounds to me like there is nothing that can be legally done...but what they did is morally wrong. This just shows how sad our world has become, when one fails to render aid, even by calling 911. Some day the roles could be reversed and it could affect you personally. I know I certainly couldn't live with myself if I had done what these people did.

Another question to ponder...why didn't the store clear or clerks on duty call 911 immediately. Sounds to me like it was several minutes before anyone did anything.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MrVette
Plus, a lot of times when an unknowledgeable person helps out, it sets them up for a lawsuit if something goes wrong.
Although this is technically correct, there is an exception. I believe by Federal Law, a person that administers first aid CORRECTLY to a person in need, is exempt from any civil action.....the key is not over stepping the boundries.

I believe we have a couple of firefighters and para medic people that are members, who can respond.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tcstoy
If you're not trained, you don't think of "things". But a convienence store.......a very good clean item........Kotex pads or baby diapers (note: if it's a bullet wound that does not mean you use Tampax and plug the hole).

As I mentioned before in other threads, I get involved in may things. Especially while traveling

Quick Reply: Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!