The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:47 PM
jx3

What a lack of morals!!

Originally Posted by MrVette
Plus, a lot of times when an unknowledgeable person helps out, it sets them up for a lawsuit if something goes wrong.
Originally Posted by Snoopy
Although this is technically correct, there is an exception. I believe by Federal Law, a person that administers first aid CORRECTLY to a person in need, is exempt from any civil action.....the key is not over stepping the boundries.
Good Samaratin Law protects those who render aid.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:47 PM

It is The Good Samaritan Law!
I have never had the chance to help, but I am always ready if needed.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:48 PM

Someone called 911, what else could be done, if you had no training to help someone on the floor, step back and let the pros do what they are paid to do.
This story just broke, evidently, but happened a while ago (june 23rd), showing photos of innocent by-standers, BY-STANDERS being the optimum phrase, would do nothing to help the person who died, and would only harm people who had no obligation to do anything.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:47 PM

I`m no certified tech but if there was anything i could do to help an injured person or such i would!! Even if it wasnt politically correct!!

The reason this country is goin to hell to many Lawyers and BS laws!!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Someone called 911, what else could be done, if you had no training to help someone on the floor, step back and let the pros do what they are paid to do.
This story just broke, evidently, but happened a while ago (june 23rd), showing photos of innocent by-standers, BY-STANDERS being the optimum phrase, would do nothing to help the person who died, and would only harm people who had no obligation to do anything.
"no obligation to do anything"? They had an obligation as a human being to do whatever they could to try and help a fellow human being who was suffering.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:10 PM

That may be what everyone there did, what they could.
Which could`ve been, nothing...
After reading the 1st post, evidently, even the Police, had a policy of even trained personnel staying out of the crime scene.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 PM

Suffering

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
"no obligation to do anything"? They had an obligation as a human being to do whatever they could to try and help a fellow human being who was suffering.
How broad a category does the word 'suffering' cover?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 PM

I too carry a first aid kit (probably on par with a first repsonders kit) in my HHR, I just need my EMT buddy to hook me up with some current IV bags.

The least these people could done would have been to call 911 (which some of them did) and provide a little encouragement and reassurance that help was on the way.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Platinum Member

Human Beings are expendable and easily replaced.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:29 AM

The Good Samaritan Law in most states covers anyone who renders aid, if you are trained in CPR or first aid or off duty EMTs or emergency personal you are not required to identify yourself to be protected under the law. As far as emergency personal having to wait for police to secure a scene most states have this law, one thing they stress in all training is you never enter an unsafe scene. This scene would have been questionable, you had a crime but it doesn't state where the stabbing took place and you had people on the scene who could tell the EMTs so if they would have stopped to take the time to do so. Someone should have done something, even if I weren't and FRT I have always known basic first aid. Make the person comfortable, treat for shock, and put pressure on a bleeding wound. Tampons are used for gunshot wounds and diapers or sanitary napkins to aid also. There is a risk of Hepatitis and Aids but most stores have gloves for sale plastic bags first aid kits. Someone should have at least tried to help out, it's sad we have become numb to the point of stepping over an injured person as if they were inconveniencing our lives.

Curtis

Quick Reply: Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!