The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:35 AM

I can't believe some of the responses here. God help you if the situation gets reversed and YOU are the one needing help. I don't care if you have had all the first aid training the world or not. Use some common sense. You are in a store, I would imagine they have a few items to help in saving a life. Some have been mentioned like diapers, feminime items, towels, etc. If you were bleeding, what would you do to yourself? Let me guess, try and stop the bleeding. Everyone has seem first aid of some sort done on TV and you know what, it's as basic as that. I'm not saying try to use a pen for a throat trauma to assist in breathing. I guess if it was your family or friend, you would just let them die also. That is the problem with society today. This should be a crime.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by solman98
If you were bleeding, what would you do to yourself? Let me guess, try and stop the bleeding.
Only after I make sure I take a pic of myself w/ camera phone!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Banned

If you were bleeding, what would you do to yourself? Let me guess, try and stop the bleeding.
Nope, I just bleed. I try to stop the blood from getting on things like my clothes and stuff with a towel or rag until the bleeding stops. If there is nothing around for me to bleed on I will let it drip dry. If the wound doesn't stop bleeding on it's own I let a doctor give me stitches or staples. I don't try to stop bleeding even on myself. Hell I don't even use Band-Aids.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:09 AM

Everyone has seen first aid of some sort done on TV and you know what, it's as basic as that.
Yeah - I've also seen people wrestle alligators, shoot large weapons, and do great detective work on TV, too - but I wouldn't try any of those things without the proper (extensive) training required to do so properly. Besides, the first thing I do when I walk into a convenience store is go straight for the coffee, because without that, I'm worthless! Bottom line is, I would have absolutely no clue what type of aid was required, and seeing as I'm not properly trained, I wouldn't try to render any type of aid, either. At a minimum, I would have called 911, but I don't always have my cell phone with me, either. It's usually in the car, seeing as I don't need to have it with me to grab a cup of coffee.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Yeah - I've also seen people wrestle alligators, shoot large weapons, and do great detective work on TV, too - but I wouldn't try any of those things without the proper (extensive) training required to do so properly. Besides, the first thing I do when I walk into a convenience store is go straight for the coffee, because without that, I'm worthless! Bottom line is, I would have absolutely no clue what type of aid was required, and seeing as I'm not properly trained, I wouldn't try to render any type of aid, either. At a minimum, I would have called 911, but I don't always have my cell phone with me, either. It's usually in the car, seeing as I don't need to have it with me to grab a cup of coffee.
At a minimum? That should read reguardless.

Guess no one knows how to hold a towel and apply light pressure. It's not rocket science.

But you would probably think about wrestling the alligator. Love the opportunity to shoot a large weapon, and try to make attempts to solve things like a detective.

But help a fellow human in trouble? Gotta have my coffe first. Then maybe call 911.

And people wonder what's wrong with this world.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
I think we are missing the point just a bit. I understand not wanting to get involved if you are not trained to handle the situation. However, stepping over the person in need, taking cell phone pictures and ignoring them is what bugs me. Just wrapping the wound in a towel and trying to comfort them until qualified help arrives would be better than what happened here. Where is the compassion for another human being? This person is someones daughter and possibly a mom. I just don't get ignoring them. Just my
Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
I think we are missing the point just a bit. I understand not wanting to get involved if you are not trained to handle the situation. However, stepping over the person in need, taking cell phone pictures and ignoring them is what bugs me. Just wrapping the wound in a towel and trying to comfort them until qualified help arrives would be better than what happened here. Where is the compassion for another human being? This person is someones daughter and possibly a mom. I just don't get ignoring them. Just my
Well despite the camaraderie we all feel at times towards one another, there are times when people just suck. Like the person who did the stabbing, we can at times be very cold and uncaring. The isolation we all have in society today can simply make the uncaring walls even stronger.
Hopeless, no, but people can default to wanton a$$holishness at times. This instance really demonstrated that.

I would hope I would have done the pad/pressure thing at least. True all bodily fluids are now considered toxic . What a world, I mean who would ever want to touch another human since we are all considered such diseased festerholes.

Community can require some risks beyond the every day.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

IMO, only 2 people made sense in this entire thread....Solman and Mizzou.

For the most part, we as Human beings in the animal kingdom, suck.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
IMO, only 2 people made sense in this entire thread....Solman and Mizzou.

For the most part, we as Human beings in the animal kingdom, suck.
Agreed. Ibid See above.
Collectively we could do much better, and I would hope individually we would try to help a fallen human. I guess our timidness and uncaring remoteness with one another is the price we pay for living in fear of each other. The climate of fear is deep and getting larger each day. Not a brighter tomorrow ahead it seems..........

I wish we did not suck so much
Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 PM

One thing to remember about body fliuds (blood or otherwise). You will not catch a diease by it hitting your skin unless you have a cut or somehow open skin. It will not absorb through the skin. It has to enter your body to harm you. Not just get on it. The laytex gloves are to protect you, as much as the individual performing aid on you (or vise versa). Those using them in the field might not have access to water to wash up. The gloves helps stop the trasmittal of things from individual to individual. Can you imagine how much would be on a ambulance steering wheel without them? With the gloves you just take them off and your good to go (mostly). No gloves, wash with warm (hot) soapy water for several minutes after.

If you have never taken a self-aid & buddy course, I highly suggest you do. It might even save your own life.

Quick Reply: Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!