The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
If you have never taken a self-aid & buddy course, I highly suggest you do. It might even save your own life.
I only use Non Latex equipment, to many people have a reaction to Latex.
But very good points on all you have said, especially the above about a course.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by karen1953
I only use Non Latex equipment, to many people have a reaction to Latex.
But very good points on all you have said, especially the above about a course.
Military used layex on us, they figure a reation would give them something more to work on....

But 20 years of annual self-aid and buddy care training was helpful in more than one instance.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
IMO, only 2 people made sense in this entire thread....Solman and Mizzou.

For the most part, we as Human beings in the animal kingdom, suck.
1) The internet and forums such as this (as well at blogs, etc.) are not supposed to make sense, especially since they are conveyors of people's off-the-cuff remarks.
2) I agree that humans, as a collective society, do indeed suck, and I have consistenly done my part to contribute to the overall degeneration of our society.
Besides, we're all commenting on something that we cannot do anything about because it happened far away as well as in the past. Additionally, our silly comments in this forum won't change anyone's behavior in the future - we'll see far worse things than this in tonight's news, tomorrow's news, and so on. Oh well, I'll just continue taking care of myself and my family and doing my best for them - the world is far too big, complex, and idiotic for me to wonder "what would I have done in this situation?"
Old 07-10-2007, 02:33 PM

the world is far too big, complex, and idiotic for me to wonder "what would I have done in this situation?"
The reason we study our histories is so that we do not make the same mistakes we have in the past.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
The reason we study our histories is so that we do not make the same mistakes we have in the past.
This is based on the premise that you've made mistakes in the past that you now regret, and wish to learn from them. We may also learn from experiences, and not only mistakes. Besides, your statement is generalistic in that you're giving (only) one reason for studying the past - I read quite a bit, some of it being histories, etc., and I do so mainly for enjoyment, not for learning from other's mistakes.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
1) The internet and forums such as this (as well at blogs, etc.) are not supposed to make sense, especially since they are conveyors of people's off-the-cuff remarks.
2) I agree that humans, as a collective society, do indeed suck, and I have consistenly done my part to contribute to the overall degeneration of our society.
Besides, we're all commenting on something that we cannot do anything about because it happened far away as well as in the past. Additionally, our silly comments in this forum won't change anyone's behavior in the future - we'll see far worse things than this in tonight's news, tomorrow's news, and so on. Oh well, I'll just continue taking care of myself and my family and doing my best for them - the world is far too big, complex, and idiotic for me to wonder "what would I have done in this situation?"
Sensitive, aren't we, PhxHHr.

My comment was not directed at you, although you apparently assumed so, since you felt the need to defend yourself .
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
This is based on the premise that you've made mistakes in the past that you now regret, and wish to learn from them. We may also learn from experiences, and not only mistakes. Besides, your statement is generalistic in that you're giving (only) one reason for studying the past - I read quite a bit, some of it being histories, etc., and I do so mainly for enjoyment, not for learning from other's mistakes.
You got me there. Perhaps I should have said "a reason," and not "the reason." We shouldn't learn solely from mistakes, but all experiences good and bad. And, as you said, we don't always learn from contemplating past happenings, but I believe something can be learned from every situation, and I choose to take advantage of the opportunity. Just my , though.

Sorry for detouring the previous conversation, people.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:30 PM

Sensitive, aren't we, PhxHHr.

My comment was not directed at you, although you apparently assumed so, since you felt the need to defend yourself .
1) Anyone who knows me would laugh you out of the room if you made the claim that I was sensitive - in any way.
2) Your comment referred to "humans", and despite my previously mentioned insensitivity, I still qualify in many ways.
3) My statement was not made in defense, it was simply an elaboration on your comments - read it closer.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member

I'll might answer later....I'm trying to determine when you became the rule maker of forums. I'm researching Forum rules generally, and can't find anything about restricted to "off the cuff" remarks or they're, " not to make sense".
Old 07-10-2007, 04:50 PM

I'll might answer later....I'm trying to determine when you became the rule maker of forums. I'm researching Forum rules generally, and can't find anything about restricted to "off the cuff" remarks or they're, " not to make sense".
"You'll might" indeed. Man, I love messing with retirees.....

Quick Reply: Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!