The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member

O'k you got me....

Now I'll admit what I am doing.

I INTENTIONALLY engage working people in conversations, when they are on company time....especially government time.

Are you jealous of me, because I was able to retire very much earlier than most people?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:01 PM

Snoop: I have no idea what you mean by any of that; and if you think you're stating facts, it's only based on assumptions - and now back to our regularly scheduled program.

As for what happened to the lady after getting stabbed: The U.S. these days is litigant-happy, and this might make people think twice about getting involved in a situation like this. Especially since she had just been stabbed, and the convenience store customers probably didn't know where the assailant was. I agree that it sucks that more people didn't help her out, and the fact that someone took a picture with their camera phone also sucks, but these days, it's hard to get involved in situations like this before knowing all the facts or being properly trained.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

I never even thought about the legal aspect until you guys started mentioning it. I'm more afraid of a strangers blood and F'ing someone up with my lack of skills. Should someone have "helped" it does leave that friendly compassionate model of a perfect civilized human completely open to a lawsuit from the victims family.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 PM

Maybe, but if you have had a basic First aid training from American Red Cross, and know what your limits are, plus do not step out of your knowlegde area, you should be fine.
But if you are going to put in a Trach, start an IV, or do a Medical procdure, well then Yes you will, unless you are trained in that area, Emergency.
I would do Basic, Breathing, Airway Clear, Heart Beat, Lungs sounds, Is the Client going into shock, bleeding(seeping, weeping, pulsating, shooting) each one of those have a different type of dressing, and to try to keep the Client as calm as possible, plus keep the area clear.(so you can see the Client and the Surroundings at the same time).
As stated earlier I always have supplies in my hiding spot, and I have always carried stuff since I became a Nurse.
Sorry I will not post any more on this thread.
You need to take a good hard look at the tables, if it was you there would you want some to try to help you? Or walk over you, take pics, or better yet just walk away?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

If I were stabbed and lying there bleeding I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to help me unless it was a close friend or family member and even then I wouldn't expect that much. That's the way things are. Maybe the person that got stabbed deserved it. Did anyone stop and think what they did to get themselves stabbed?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Snoop:

As for what happened to the lady after getting stabbed: The U.S. these days is litigant-happy, and this might make people think twice about getting involved in a situation like this. Especially since she had just been stabbed, and the convenience store customers probably didn't know where the assailant was. I agree that it sucks that more people didn't help her out, and the fact that someone took a picture with their camera phone also sucks, but these days, it's hard to get involved in situations like this before knowing all the facts or being properly trained.
Although I agree with the statement regarding litigation happy, this is where I really disagree.

I doubt seriously, any of the great citizens who were present at this crime, even considered the possible legal ramifications. I believe that scenario didn't even enter the thought process. They just didn't want any responsibility..."who cares, it's not my sister, mother, cousin, whatever, I'm not getting involved"....even though this person is on the floor bleeding to death.

It would be interesting to interview those people immediate after the incident.....before associates, friends or media, implant ideas....to get their individual reactions to not assisting.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have always helped..as much as possible..when someone else was in a helpless situation. To many times to count...in Mexico, in Asia, in various locations of the Caribbean, and of course here in the US. Some legal, some medical, some physical. I would just hope that, if the time comes, someone will return the favor.

Man CH, even if the person was a child molester, she was bleeding to death. You assist and let the legal system handle it from there. But again, I doubt if that entered into the minds of the SPECTATORS..
Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Maybe the person that got stabbed deserved it. Did anyone stop and think what they did to get themselves stabbed?
Glad you said it, CH - perhaps she didn't "deserve" to get stabbed, but it begs the question of why she ended up "getting" stabbed in the first place. In a previous job, I read police reports on a daily basis. We received the first morning batch from everything that happened the night before, and let me tell you - when someone got shot, stabbed, etc., innocent bystanders were certainly in the extreme minority. The people that usually have these things "happen" to them are hanging out with the wrong people in the first place, and don't realize (or don't think about) the consequences of doing so until it's too late. I feel for the lady, but I certainly doubt someone was wandering around Kansas aimlessly and stabbed her at random.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Man CH, even if the person was a child molester, she was bleeding to death. You assist and let the legal system handle it from there. But again, I doubt if that entered into the minds of the SPECTATORS..
The way I look at it human life is expendable just like any other animal and no more special. I realized that I or anyone I know and love could die at any minute. I don't hold life as some sacred gift or hold on to the silly notion that I'm going to live for ever in some afterlife. I'm going to do the best I can while here and them rot away to earth. People die every second so unless it's someone that directly affects me in some way F 'em. This is a huge thing with me and my wife. She says I'm too cold and heartless and I explain that I'm a realist and don't have time to shed a tear for every victim of crime or person that dies. I definitely can never be described as a bleeding heart compassionate type of person. You should hear some of the jokes I make at dead people expense. Hell at living peoples expense for that matter.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Glad you said it, CH - perhaps she didn't "deserve" to get stabbed, but it begs the question of why she ended up "getting" stabbed in the first place. In a previous job, I read police reports on a daily basis. We received the first morning batch from everything that happened the night before, and let me tell you - when someone got shot, stabbed, etc., innocent bystanders were certainly in the extreme minority. The people that usually have these things "happen" to them are hanging out with the wrong people in the first place, and don't realize (or don't think about) the consequences of doing so until it's too late. I feel for the lady, but I certainly doubt someone was wandering around Kansas aimlessly and stabbed her at random.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:19 PM

I didn`t see anywhere in the report as to what kind of ride she had.
But... I`ll bet you dollars to donuts, if it were a HHR, someone on this site would be more worried about the treatment and disposition of the ride, than what happened to the person...
I`ve even seen people suggest beating, maiming and otherwise bringing great bodily harm to people when a site member reports a bump by a shopping cart, or maybe even someone stupid enough to touch their ride and place a flier on the window...
A lot of those comments come from the very people claiming to be COMPASSIONATE and Careing in threads like this, go figure...

Quick Reply: Shoppers ignore dying victim!!!