The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Some pics of My Gibsons and Corvair

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 07:50 PM

Some pics of My Gibsons and Corvair

Why not, Summer is here and the top is down.
Any other guitar players out there?

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 06-22-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Reduced pic sizes
Old 06-22-2008, 07:55 PM

You keep the Gibsons......I'll take the car. What a nice display you have going there.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:00 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I've been a Corvair nut for around thirty years. Fun cars when set up right.
I used to work on them a little to your left in West Brookfield Mass. Get most of the parts from Clark's Corvair parts in Shelbourne Falls Mass.
Thanks for looking
Old 06-22-2008, 08:06 PM

I'm just mad about saffron...

My best friend's dad, Dale Sinner used to restore Corvairs here in Huntington Beach. She had a gorgeous yellow one I called the "electric banana" (..they call me mellow yellow...)

Gosh did we have fun in that car...I *almost* bought one just like yours off of him--similar blue, hard top, with the white interior. She was called "precious".

But then I moved to England and that was that!

Don't know much about guitars, but those look cool!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Harpo.....

Been meaning to ask you....you ever hear of a guy named Doug Roe in the Corvair circle?
Old 06-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Banned

Let's see...are they a '54 BB reissue, '61 Custom reissue, and a '58 VOS?

Here's a pic of my '04 Classic:
Old 06-24-2008, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hey Harpo.....

Been meaning to ask you....you ever hear of a guy named Doug Roe in the Corvair circle?
Hi Snoop. I've heard the name, but I've not been real tight in the Corvair world since I started my Store ( 18 years ago ). This is the first year in forever that Corvair crowd will not be meeting at the Limerock race track. Getting expensive to rent it and less Corvair attendance.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Let's see...are they a '54 BB reissue, '61 Custom reissue, and a '58 VOS?

Here's a pic of my '04 Classic:
There we go! I had an early '90-'s all gold Classic. Loved it, but went with my R9 VOS, ( You were close ), My R4 BB ( Sold my '68 BB to buy help my ford SHO back in '89 ),.
The SG is a particularly cool one. It is one they never made,'yill now. It is close to a '61, but they all have three pickups. Elliot Easton from the Cars has it as his signature model. It has an early '60's 335 neck, and Ebony neck, '57 pickups, and Custom inlays. Nice sounding axe. I just had the Buss Feiten tuning system done to it and I'm even happier.

Got a thread on the EE SG here:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/othe...-gibson-sg.htm

Lately I've been using a Vox Valvetronix 50, a Roland Cubes. But my favorite has been my all tube 8 watt Carr Mercury combo. Nice little amp with a buitl itn power attenuator so yo0u can dime the power tucbes as well as the preamp tubes.

What do you play through?l

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 06-29-2008 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Removed pic from quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Oh, nothing great. I don't really play as much in public anymore like I did in college, so I just use a little Peavey solid-state combo with my old Boss GT-3 floor processor. I put DiMarzio PAF Classics in the Les Paul and it warms up the sound over the stock Gibson ceramics, but leaves enough bite to cut through the processor. I would like to get a cheap tube amp sometime like the Epi Valve Junior or nice little Fender Champ or Junior. Maybe a Mesa Lonestar if I ever get the money.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Oh, nothing great. I don't really play as much in public anymore like I did in college, so I just use a little Peavey solid-state combo with my old Boss GT-3 floor processor. I put DiMarzio PAF Classics in the Les Paul and it warms up the sound over the stock Gibson ceramics, but leaves enough bite to cut through the processor. I would like to get a cheap tube amp sometime like the Epi Valve Junior or nice little Fender Champ or Junior. Maybe a Mesa Lonestar if I ever get the money.
That's funny. I just traded my Mesa Lonestar Special 4 x 10 for this:

Eastwood Signature Joey Leone. 3 P90's that coiltap and hum cancel as humbuckers when asked to do so. Nice sounding axe.

I just play at home and the Mesa was overkill. Though I'm thinking about getting my Marshall TSL 100 back Man, I'd need a power attenuator with that one!

Quick Reply: Some pics of My Gibsons and Corvair