The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

This Sounds Like Something I Would Do...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:31 AM

This Sounds Like Something I Would Do...

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...cal&id=7108512

Amber Alert was issued; now charges may be filed against father
By Matt Franklin

FLINT (WJRT) -- (11/09/09)--An Amber Alert has been cancelled for a missing 7 month old after Flint police find him safe and sound.

Surveillance video shows it was all a hoax.

Police said Monday evening the father reported the car was stolen with a baby inside. The community was searching for the vehicle and missing child and an Amber Alert was issued.

A few hours later, it was learned Trustin McClain was OK and was at home with his father the whole time. Now his father could be charged with filing a false police report.

Inside a second-floor apartment at King Lane Apartments in Burton, McClain was home and in the care of relatives.

Police say they found the infant shortly after an Amber Alert was issued regarding his disappearance.

Investigators say the dad claimed that while he was at McKinley Middle School picking up another child, he left the infant in the back of this 2004 Ford Taurus with the key in the ignition.

He said someone had stolen the car. The vehicle was later found in the 500 block of Damon in Flint.

But after checking surveillance video at the school, investigators say it revealed the car was never at the school. The type played a key role in wrapping up the case.

Police say the baby was home the entire time and was never even inside the car.

It is possible the father could face charges, possibly for filing a false police report, which is considered a felony.

Flint police and Child Protective Services are involved in this case.

That would be me... Knowing Flint police, they probably wouldn't search to hard for just the car...but if a baby was in it, then they would.... I love my car too much, if it was stolen, I'd want it back ASAP!!!!