The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Speed traps

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Speed traps

Hello, I was just sent a handy email that lists speed traps. Just find your state and city and it gives you a list of speed traps in that area! This might be a good site to check out if you are planning a trip.

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp
Old 09-18-2007, 12:37 PM

All four that they listed are hits in Enid.. There are a few more I can think of that aren't listed, though...

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 PM

I just recieved a 40+ in a 30 zone and a friend refered me here. Take your time and read through it, he seems to know what he is talking about and my buddy got out of a street racing ticket in his Scion.
http://www.ticketassassin.com/
I think he charges about $25 bucks but you can register and not pay and get access to all the templates and forms to help you get out of a ticket even if you were breaking the law. If you do pay him you'll get step by step help from him.
I'm going to use it to fight mine.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:29 PM

Valentine 1
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM

A friend told me this not long ago.
What To Do When You Get A Traffic Ticket
This first came from a retired State Farm agent. they say the system has been tried and it works in every state.
If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license, This is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points.
When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79, make the check for $82 or some small amount over the fine. The SYSTEM will then have to send you back a check for the difference! However, here is the trick DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK1 Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The SYSTEM HAS RECEIVED IT'S MONEY and is satisfied and will no longer bother you and no points will be added to your license.
This info comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.
NOTE: I Have no idea if this is fact or not.

Last edited by an08HHR; 09-19-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by an08HHR
This first came from a retired State Farm agent. they say the system has been tried and it works in every state.
If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license, This is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points.
When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79, make the check for $82 or some small amount over the fine. The SYSTEM will then have to send you back a check for the difference! However, here is the trick DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK1 Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you and no points will be added to your license.
This info comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.

Hope this works for someone. I haven't and am not about to personally try it but it is to work so if you do get stopped , there is nothing to lose by trying this. I got falsely nailed going through Va a few years before I knew about this but Oh only told me it was put on my record for 5 yrs but they didn't give me points since it was only a speeding ticket for 75 in a 55. I told the officer I was doing 65 cuz I just came off an interstate and their divided highways down there are nicer than the interstates in Oh and I forgot I was on a reg. highway but I swear I never went over 65, I think since he had a rookie with him, he had show what power he had.
Flavor Flav put it best when he said, "Don't believe the hype!".
Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 PM

Unfortunately this doesn't help me a bit. I travel daily from Missouri to Kansas and back again. During my 35 mile trip(one way) I manage to cross the borders of 6 different cities. Our boundaries here are so messed up, I live in Independence, Mo. Three houses down the street is Kansas City, Mo and less than a mile south is Lees Summit, Mo.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Flavor Flav put it best when he said, "Don't believe the hype!".
I thought it was pretty amazing that "an08HHR's" words were almost word-for-word what that link said. Just a few things changed...
Old 09-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

It seems like almost all internet and email tips prove to be untrue. Especially when it comes to dealing with the law. Its the same with internet campaigns and petitions; Most if not all are completely useless and counterproductive.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79, make the check for $82 or some small amount over the fine. The SYSTEM will then have to send you back a check for the difference! However, here is the trick DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK1 Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you and no points will be added to your license.

Hope this works for someone. I haven't and am not about to personally try it but it is to work so if you do get stopped , there is nothing to lose by trying this. I got falsely nailed going through Va a few years before I knew about this but Oh only told me it was put on my record for 5 yrs but they didn't give me points since it was only a speeding ticket for 75 in a 55. I told the officer I was doing 65 cuz I just came off an interstate and their divided highways down there are nicer than the interstates in Oh and I forgot I was on a reg. highway but I swear I never went over 65, I think since he had a rookie with him, he had show what power he had.
DONT WORK IN CALIFORNIA AS THEY SEND YOUR CHECK BACK. THEY TELL YOU TO MAKE IT OUT FOR THE CORRECT AMOUNT

Quick Reply: Speed traps