The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Speed traps

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:04 PM

Hey, folks... My theory holds true again:

The Internet was invented for the sole purpose of propogating myth and lore.

We've seen it here..... Hot air intakes, restrictive mufflers, loose fuses, etc.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:31 PM

Great site! I see the location of my first speeding ticket, St George MO, is still catching generations of unsuspecting drivers.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RHHRTOYPANEL
DONT WORK IN CALIFORNIA AS THEY SEND YOUR CHECK BACK. THEY TELL YOU TO MAKE IT OUT FOR THE CORRECT AMOUNT

They also tell you, "Oh by the way, you are now delinquent and a warrant has been issued".
Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Great site! I see the location of my first speeding ticket, St George MO, is still catching generations of unsuspecting drivers.
Someone caught one of these cops at work with a camera in their personal vehicle recently. They do have a link to the full uncensored video if you want to check it out. http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/...d=1.1.1&sflg=1
Old 09-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by an08HHR
A friend told me this not long ago.
What To Do When You Get A Traffic Ticket
This first came from a retired State Farm agent. they say the system has been tried and it works in every state.
If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license, This is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points.
When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79, make the check for $82 or some small amount over the fine. The SYSTEM will then have to send you back a check for the difference! However, here is the trick DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK1 Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you and no points will be added to your license.
This info comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.

Hope this works for someone. I haven't and am not about to personally try it but it is to work so if you do get stopped , there is nothing to lose by trying this. I got falsely nailed going through Va a few years before I knew about this but Oh only told me it was put on my record for 5 yrs but they didn't give me points since it was only a speeding ticket for 75 in a 55. I told the officer I was doing 65 cuz I just came off an interstate and their divided highways down there are nicer than the interstates in Oh and I forgot I was on a reg. highway but I swear I never went over 65, I think since he had a rookie with him, he had show what power he had.
Pure BS. Once your plea has hit the docket sheet, notice is sent to the state DOR/DMV and the points hit your license. The clerk will also gladly cash your check and leave the difference in the state's escrow account for your to "claim" at your leisure