The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Take another look at the picture of the wheel and tire (clicking will enlarge).

Looks like GM is thinking about a performance tire also (unfortunately, not one that you guys in the north and east can use). But, it sucks in snow, etc.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:54 PM

Well, I guess Shnog will be paid off just in time to be traded in on Shnog 2!
Old 06-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

Hey SIHHR....

Why did you put all that cotton around your car ???? It is cotton isn't it ???

I haven't seen anything like that, here in Arizona !!!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:09 PM

Dont worry about the front, right now it looks like they are just looking at how the intercooler placement will work out, and over all perfomance on the 18's? with this package. I have no doubt if the ss moves forward into production they will completely change the front bumper. But I dont like the name HHR SS, too many letters, and I own an SS camaro. Maybe deluxe or something from a little farther back in history.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by Merckx
. But I dont like the name HHR SS, too many letters, and I own an SS camaro.
SS HHR
Old 06-08-2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
SS HHR
Works for me !!!!!!!!! " Hhrumph, Hhrumph !!!
Old 06-08-2006, 06:10 PM

I hope they really do get rid of that "thing" in the front. Looks like the shelf off a donut rack.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Merckx
Dont worry about the front, right now it looks like they are just looking at how the intercooler placement will work out, and over all perfomance on the 18's? with this package. I have no doubt if the ss moves forward into production they will completely change the front bumper. But I dont like the name HHR SS, too many letters, and I own an SS camaro. Maybe deluxe or something from a little farther back in history.
I agree, SS HHR or HHR SS is too much. I too own a Camaro. It is a Z28. I hope they dont go back RPO codes for the HHR. HHR Z34? LOL i like the Deluxe idea, just like the old Suburbans.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by cj krause
SS HHR
No good. Sounds like a cruise ship.... or maybe the SS Minnow... if you get one... don't take any three hour cruises... er... drives...
Old 06-09-2006, 08:01 AM

Don't get me going.......

http://www.tvacres.com/boats_cabin_minnow.htm
The "tropic port" from which the S.S. Minnow "set sail" was actually the port of the Waikiki Yacht Club located at 1599 Ala Moana Boulevard in Honolulu, Hawaii. The boat used for the series was a thirty-five foot cabin cruiser found in a Honolulu boat yard. To create its shipwrecked appearance the bow and stern of the boat were marked with chalk circles and a man with a sledgehammer slammed holes into the boat. A crane then lifted up the boat and put it on a barge which was towed to Moloa'a Bay for filming. The Minnow is now resting somewhere in a boat yard in Long Beach, California. The S.S. Minnow was actually named after Newton N. Minnow, the former chairman of the Federal Communications Commission who delivered his now famous speech at a broadcaster's convention in 1961 that denounced television as being "America's vast wasteland." Producer Sherwood Schwartz, insisted Mr. Minnow had "ruined television." Schwartz, of course, was the creator of GILLIGAN'S ISLAND and THE BRADY BUNCH.

Ok, we have hijacked the thread!

Back to HHRs:
How 'bout Then they put in the turbo and call it a Spyder!
Can ya tell I'm stuck in the sixties!

Me, I'm still hoping for a lakewood:

Quick Reply: Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!