The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:01 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Harpozep
How 'bout Then they put in the turbo and call it a Spyder!
I thought "Spyder" referred to convertibles such as the Mistubishi Eclipse Spyder.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:24 PM

I told all of you a SS was comming but no one beleaved me.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:26 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
I told all of you a SS was comming but no one beleaved me.
Yeah,but this is for 2008 model, not 2007.
Guess that means you are going to have to wait an extra year for yours!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:26 PM

Take it easy...it's still not released yet!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:29 PM

i may get an FJ by next year
Old 06-09-2006, 02:05 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
i may get an FJ by next year
You say that now, but wait till something else comes rolling along that you have "just gotta have". Remember how many style rims you were going to get for the HHR?
Old 06-09-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Thanks for thinking about us in the north. The Front Bumper would have to changed. It really looks like a kit that can be done or added on. But then again its a different engine.
It sure does look like something some do-it-yourselfer stuck on there. Hopefully if it goes into production Chevy will blend it in better, and makes it look like it belongs there.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Alzonie
It sure does look like something some do-it-yourselfer stuck on there. Hopefully if it goes into production Chevy will blend it in better, and makes it look like it belongs there.
I'm not directing this at anyone in particular....more like collectively.

O'k "guys", I've watched this debate go on with all kinds "of hopes". This forum is for dreams and "I wish they would" debates. But, the remarks, in my opinion, are getting outrageous and dumb (understand, I am NOT SAYING you are dumb). Especially because, I am amazed at how many smart, intelligent, bright people are contributors to this forum.

Frankly, Mike made the best comment, "take it easy, it's not even released yet".

Again, I'm retired from a GM Advanced Development Facility in Arizona. At this facility, many different variations of current, future and "dummy" vehicles were produced for a vast majority of reasons. Many were just "ideas" that a test or lead engineer had (maybe never seeing actual development). Some were pilot programs for allocated improvements (maybe like the bumper witnessed here), some were stuck together just to cause spy photographers headaches(maybe this spy photo also) . In many instances, the idea was just "bolted" together, as you see here. That is the first stage of the development process. I mean, my gosh, you cannot believe GM created the HHR body, as you currently view it, installed it to a chassi, tested it and released it to the consumer. I would guess body panels, for example, were redesigned and changed dozens of times, before wysiwyg.

Believe me. I can tell you stories, regarding vehicle development, that you would not believe.

Just my .

How about comments from the other technical/engineer types. Am I right or wrong??

As for the name, if the vehicle is produced......GM WILL screw that up.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:53 PM

Thank you Snoopy. Very well said.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:54 PM

well it would be interesting if you would or could write a book about those stories, maybe ghost written I would buy the book!.. However you may be under a non disclosure agreement...

Quick Reply: Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!