The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Banned

I have been sitting back watching this one too and kind of getting a laugh. The vehicle is a test mule. If it ever see's the light of day trust me the front fascia will be reworked to hide the intercooler and work it into the body lines. It will have different rims that wont have two bolt patterns. It will probably have larger front brakes and four wheel disk. I wouldn't be surprised if the did a few other small things like rework the spoiler and interior also. Like I said, if it ever makes it to production.

Last edited by captain howdy; 06-09-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 PM

im with you there CH , maybe they will put a bumper simaler to the Cobalt SS's , their parts are compatiable. Nice leather seats with body colored inserts will probly make it took if it gets the GO.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I'm not directing this at anyone in particular....more like collectively.

O'k "guys", I've watched this debate go on with all kinds "of hopes". This forum is for dreams and "I wish they would" debates. But, the remarks, in my opinion, are getting outrageous and dumb (understand, I am NOT SAYING you are dumb). Especially because, I am amazed at how many smart, intelligent, bright people are contributors to this forum.

Frankly, Mike made the best comment, "take it easy, it's not even released yet".

Again, I'm retired from a GM Advanced Development Facility in Arizona. At this facility, many different variations of current, future and "dummy" vehicles were produced for a vast majority of reasons. Many were just "ideas" that a test or lead engineer had (maybe never seeing actual development). Some were pilot programs for allocated improvements (maybe like the bumper witnessed here), some were stuck together just to cause spy photographers headaches(maybe this spy photo also) . In many instances, the idea was just "bolted" together, as you see here. That is the first stage of the development process. I mean, my gosh, you cannot believe GM created the HHR body, as you currently view it, installed it to a chassi, tested it and released it to the consumer. I would guess body panels, for example, were redesigned and changed dozens of times, before wysiwyg.

Believe me. I can tell you stories, regarding vehicle development, that you would not believe.

Just my .

How about comments from the other technical/engineer types. Am I right or wrong??

As for the name, if the vehicle is produced......GM WILL screw that up.
Sounds like the voice of reason! Hey, could you share some of the stories in the "Lounge" I'm sure many of us would like to read them!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
I thought "Spyder" referred to convertibles such as the Mistubishi Eclipse Spyder.

That may be true these days, but in the 1960's Chevy had the Corvair Monza Spyder.
My friend had the hardtop coupe and I had the convertible. The Spyder name refered to a tuning/performance package, in this case the 150 HP turbo and assorted suspension etc.

Chevy has a storeroom full of fun monikers like this. Same with the Lakewood wagon. Nice name, it could comeback. Now they did reuse the Monza name...the less said about the better
Old 06-12-2006, 09:32 PM

HHR "SS": Done That

If you want to see an HHR "SS", take a look at my pics. I've already done the "SS" conversion. It looks GREAT! If you take the little "GM" badges off the fenders and the LT off the back, the SS "treatment" looks factory. (SS emblems inside too - emulated placement of those in the Chevelle SS's 69-72). Of course, future supercharger mods (ala Cobalt SS) will make the transformation complete.
Attached Images      
Old 06-12-2006, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by mikeguru
If you want to see an HHR "SS", take a look at my pics. I've already done the "SS" conversion. It looks GREAT! If you take the little "GM" badges off the fenders and the LT off the back, the SS "treatment" looks factory. (SS emblems inside too - emulated placement of those in the Chevelle SS's 69-72). Of course, future supercharger mods (ala Cobalt SS) will make the transformation complete.
Damn! That is so cooool!

All that work has gotta be worth at least 60+hp!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:40 PM

Development mules are never, ever, pretty (especially GM's):

Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tokyo
Development mules are never, ever, pretty (especially GM's):

Will.....

These pictures give a great idea of what I was speaking about in regard to development. Notice (not you Will...for others) the manufacturer "prepared" bra and bolt on's in the second picture. And especially the bolt-on that covers the "real" back-end and lights in the third.

Good photos, Will. Wish I kept all that I had !!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:08 PM

Nice SS Treatment, who know GM desingers could be looking at sites like this one to see what our input is.

Last edited by SindyDix; 06-13-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:32 AM

Inadvertently ended up talking to a couple of GM Designers at a concert yesterday. They're (re-)working this "SS" version and basically said it'll have slightly different (longer) running boards AND the 'bumper-etts' will be shaved off the front and rear.
O-yea.... they also said it will COME with a (different) spoiler...

Just passing along what I've heard.

I questioned an '08 release ... and they said they were under the 'impression' it would be an '07 release.

WE'LL SEE....

Quick Reply: Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!