The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 07:44 PM

Nice Mike!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:40 AM

Sorry to disagree SNOOPY, but Detroit has a TON of engineers that work on behalf of GM. Living in the Detroit area my entire life, I know quite a few of them 1st hand. Of course, that's not to say they dont have other engineers elsewhere... just that they DO have a big presence in and around D-town.
As I previously posted- the 'hear say' was exactly that... word of mouth. The guys I ended up talking to initially approached me- because my ride was lower than stock height, and they recognized that instantly. One thing led to another... and that's when they told me about the 'SS' version. Than again, just like engineers, "designers" are (literally) a dime a dozen around here. From my impression, I can assure you these guys weren't top-dog designers nor anyone with substancial decision-making clout... just 2 guys that goto work everyday trying to meet deadlines that were pre-established based on a bigger picture (a new product release).
We'll see when (or IF) it actually hits the market. Just trying to provide my 1st hand experience.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:05 AM

So, if it does come out - is everyone trading in their first year versions?
Not to mention all the modifications to those HHRs that love, time and effort went into?

Kinda reminds me of the iPod. I got one of the orininal ones, no one had them yet - it was unique. Then the craze hit, and Apple came out with a new one every week. They updated it a few times, then came out with the iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod video - they where everywhere and it seemed everyone had one. The funny thing is, each time a new one came out - I wanted it, but did not get it. Pretty soon I realized that the only unique iPod was the original one I had. Ya, it's a bit bigger and not as "cool" as the video iPod but, it has been a part of me and my music for so long I don't want to part with it. I don't know if I'll just dump my HHR to get the next one with all the bells and whistles - there is something about having a 1st generation product I like- even if it is not as fancy.

clevelandhhr
http://chevy-hhr.blogspot.com/
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Or, Stan's Special.
or
Serious Sh**
Old 06-19-2006, 08:50 AM

Just imagine owning a 1967 Z-28 or a 1964 Mustang.....1st runs are really a rare breed too.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:04 AM

once they introduce the supercharged version I bet you other companies will come out with aftermarket s-chargers for the 1st edition HHR. With all the mods I've done so far, I would stick with my car and add a supercharger instead of buying a new one.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by HHR PNOY
once they introduce the supercharged version I bet you other companies will come out with aftermarket s-chargers for the 1st edition HHR. With all the mods I've done so far, I would stick with my car and add a supercharger instead of buying a new one.
I'm with you PNOY...I love having a 1st year model and I'm not about to start all over with mods again. This car has enough power for me right now...and if I do anything else, it will most likely be the CGS system. I bought the HHR for looks, comfort and the great gas mileage.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Deceased

if they offer a swap on the 260 hp from the soltice or saturn, i mayyyyyyyyyy have to do that

then SS badges go on the sides
Old 06-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SCOOT
Sorry to disagree SNOOPY, but Detroit has a TON of engineers that work on behalf of GM. Living in the Detroit area my entire life, I know quite a few of them 1st hand. Of course, that's not to say they dont have other engineers elsewhere... just that they DO have a big presence in and around D-town.
As I previously posted- the 'hear say' was exactly that... word of mouth. The guys I ended up talking to initially approached me- because my ride was lower than stock height, and they recognized that instantly. One thing led to another... and that's when they told me about the 'SS' version. Than again, just like engineers, "designers" are (literally) a dime a dozen around here. From my impression, I can assure you these guys weren't top-dog designers nor anyone with substancial decision-making clout... just 2 guys that goto work everyday trying to meet deadlines that were pre-established based on a bigger picture (a new product release).
We'll see when (or IF) it actually hits the market. Just trying to provide my 1st hand experience.
Hi Scoot.....

I'm not arguing the point of an "SS" TYPE introduced. That MAY happen. But my is... don't feel it is an absolute for 2007. And, don't believe it will be what you are expecting. And, don't believe you will be able to buy it....at least for a reasonable price. Probably have an advertised price around $25K, and because of a PROJECTED limited quantity, with high demand, $3-5k markup by the dealer (Solstice for example).

In regard to the engineering aspect....

I'm not sure if you are asserting "engineering types" live in or work in Detroit. If GM has changed their status and opened an engineering/development facility IN Detroit, that information has not been released to the media (or for that matter to other employees). Detroit GM (RenCen) is still an administrative facility, with those people who develope and employ operational policies.

Now if you are supporting Warren, Milford, Sterling, etc. ARE Detroit, that is a different matter. And, then I agree.

However, our friend in Florida (who started this debate) is likely vacant of that thought. He assumes that GM is Detroit, and is probably "puffing" his own ego, like we all do from time to time. But, most people in the know acknowledge engineering "thoughts" come from Warren (thus the people in Warren, the people on Van Dyke, the people at the Design Center, etc.)

That was my point and

Oh, how long have you worked for GM???
Old 06-19-2006, 11:34 AM

My wife's cousin is in Pontiac engineering in Delaware (the Solstice team). They all communicate back and forth because of the "platform" use that goes through all the GM divisions. No confirmation on an SS for '07, but he wouldn't give up on it yet.

(Oh yeah, we got to see and ride in a Solstice before it hit the streets)

Quick Reply: Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!