The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:54 AM

Hey "SNOOP"... thanks for the reply and for taking it in stride (I'm not trying to start a flame war).
I don't work for GM, but it seems that nearly everyone I know does (and they're all engineers- typically Grade 8 and up). In recognizing your previous comments... your correct- there AREN'T many engineers DOWNTOWN, however, most of the GM employee's I know float between the RenCen (downtown), Warren, and Milford. Everytime GM hiccups, everyone holds their breath and pray's the fallout wont affect them or their families. It's too bad that the domestic auto sector is taking such a hit now-a-days. It's a lot of undue stress on people and their families- especially in the greater Detroit area.
As for the 'SS'... I assumed the title of this thread meant it was a '08 RELEASE for an '09 unit. Even the designers I talked to seemed a bit surprised in telling me it was supposed to be an '08 release!??? Then again - I've been hearing theres a hush-hush, hard-line, top-secret production in place, but always assumed it was the (concept) Camero. Who knows... it might be the HHR 'SS' - although I highly doubt it.
I do agree with PNOY, although I don't plan on trading my '06- I'm "hopeful" aftermarket companies will recognize the supply/demand of HHR components and produce a significant power-adder for the 2.4L platform.
I'm sure the 'SS' won't get as good of gas mileage (lead foot- for lack of any other reason ) nor insurance rates... both of which is the reason I purchased my 1st model year. Now fast-forward 4 years when I'm ready to purchase another vehicle (I drive ~32K+ miles/year) - "MAYBE". Thinking I may purchase another HHR when my current one is less than 6mo's old really says a LOT in my book~! It's just that versitle!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
My wife's cousin is in Pontiac engineering in Delaware (the Solstice team). They all communicate back and forth because of the "platform" use that goes through all the GM divisions. No confirmation on an SS for '07, but he wouldn't give up on it yet.

(Oh yeah, we got to see and ride in a Solstice before it hit the streets)
Yeah... funny thing. One engineer friend of mine got the 'SS TrailBlazer' mule for me to test drive before anyone knew what it was. Although it was nice- it's hard for me to swallow 14mpg for my daily driver... driving 84 miles/day.
Interestingly... this same friend works the OBD systems and is UNAWARE of an 'SS' version!!! Then again- if they're cross-swapping platforms (using the same EMU, engine, tranny, etc...) from another production vehicle, it 'may not' have to go through his department because it would have at some point in the past!>!>!>
Again... time will tell the tale!!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SCOOT
Hey "SNOOP"... thanks for the reply and for taking it in stride (I'm not trying to start a flame war).
I don't work for GM, but it seems that nearly everyone I know does (and they're all engineers- typically Grade 8 and up). In recognizing your previous comments... your correct- there AREN'T many engineers DOWNTOWN, however, most of the GM employee's I know float between the RenCen (downtown), Warren, and Milford. Everytime GM hiccups, everyone holds their breath and pray's the fallout wont affect them or their families. It's too bad that the domestic auto sector is taking such a hit now-a-days. It's a lot of undue stress on people and their families- especially in the greater Detroit area.
As for the 'SS'... I assumed the title of this thread meant it was a '08 RELEASE for an '09 unit. Even the designers I talked to seemed a bit surprised in telling me it was supposed to be an '08 release!??? Then again - I've been hearing theres a hush-hush, hard-line, top-secret production in place, but always assumed it was the (concept) Camero. Who knows... it might be the HHR 'SS' - although I highly doubt it.
I do agree with PNOY, although I don't plan on trading my '06- I'm "hopeful" aftermarket companies will recognize the supply/demand of HHR components and produce a significant power-adder for the 2.4L platform.
I'm sure the 'SS' won't get as good of gas mileage (lead foot- for lack of any other reason ) nor insurance rates... both of which is the reason I purchased my 1st model year. Now fast-forward 4 years when I'm ready to purchase another vehicle (I drive ~32K+ miles/year) - "MAYBE". Thinking I may purchase another HHR when my current one is less than 6mo's old really says a LOT in my book~! It's just that versitle!!!
Hey Scoot.....

No, thank YOU for the intelligent dialog. That is what a FORUM is about.

As far as credibility...you proved yourself to me (if you really care). Your comments were exact, precise and intelligent, with little ot no emotion. And, that says a lot.

Emotion can be expressed in a forum, but not when it becomes a debate (in my opinion).

Thanks again...and if your ever in Arizona, let me know...I'll buy!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by clevelandhhr
So, if it does come out - is everyone trading in their first year versions?
Not to mention all the modifications to those HHRs that love, time and effort went into?

Kinda reminds me of the iPod. I got one of the orininal ones, no one had them yet - it was unique. Then the craze hit, and Apple came out with a new one every week. They updated it a few times, then came out with the iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod video - they where everywhere and it seemed everyone had one. The funny thing is, each time a new one came out - I wanted it, but did not get it. Pretty soon I realized that the only unique iPod was the original one I had. Ya, it's a bit bigger and not as "cool" as the video iPod but, it has been a part of me and my music for so long I don't want to part with it. I don't know if I'll just dump my HHR to get the next one with all the bells and whistles - there is something about having a 1st generation product I like- even if it is not as fancy.

clevelandhhr
http://chevy-hhr.blogspot.com/

No I'd keep our first year version. It is versatile and with a few mods can have more oomph! I'm more interested in economy than outright zoom and the need to use premium! I guess I'm getting old.

Now ipods? I just don't get it? Why do folks pay for music downloads that are compressed/lossy? I'd pay for a CD quality or better download, but MP3s should be something you make at home for free to take up less space, etc. If encoded correctly MP3s sound fine or good enough for a noisy environment like a car.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:59 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by SCOOT
As for the 'SS'... I assumed the title of this thread meant it was a '08 RELEASE for an '09 unit.
Well, not being in the auto industry, I assumed that it would be an 08 model released in 07. Bet O6 would really love that!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 PM

you bet i would go and buy one! i dought it will be 26 for the HHR SS look at the Cobalt SS i seen i nice one on the lot for 22, its a 2006.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:41 PM

so 06, are you ever going to get a real car?
Old 06-21-2006, 05:28 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
you bet i would go and buy one! i dought it will be 26 for the HHR SS look at the Cobalt SS i seen i nice one on the lot for 22, its a 2006.
Originally Posted by HHR PNOY
so 06, are you ever going to get a real car?
Better question is.......O6, are you ever going to learn to spell/type?
Old 06-21-2006, 05:47 PM

I say we all chip and and get 06 a copy of a VHS typing tutor, then we should also get him an updated pedal car. He's such a big boy now!

Last edited by Firewatcher; 06-21-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:05 PM

How about a 'Lowered Big Wheel Turbo SS'

Quick Reply: Spy Shots of 2008 HHR SS!!!!!!!!