The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Stopping by to say hey....farewell???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Chad did those mods way before your time here A&P. SO understandable, you wouldn't know.

But agree, a kia ? was supposed to be a Camaro long ago..

Camaro wouldnt work plus GM would work with me on getting one. I got the Optima to save money. I did buy a 92 camaro with about 420 hp but sold it. I had 4 cars at one time lol. had to save money and getting this optima saves me about 160 a month.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
True SS or not, a friggin kia for a Chevy that you made to look like an SS ? Maybe a New Camaro but not a kia.

I know everything there is about these little HHRs and they are neat little rides. that aside this KIA blows the HHR out of the water on every level. There was no chevy available that could come close to what this KIA has to offer. There was alot put into making this KIA a great car. 274 HP 4 banger with 37MPG is pretty nice. I never thought id own a kia either, but imo i picked a great one to own. Oh and it was designed by the same person that desings Audi's so they really put some time into it. Oh and heres a bombshell the KIA Optima race team won 1st and 2nd place in World Challenge GTS competition. Against Camaro and other crazy fast cars. Id say that a pretty big accomplishment for a nubie to the race world and they did it in a 4 door 4 banger. I loved my HHR alot you can ask anyone that knows me, and i will never forget it.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 PM

Props to you Chad

Originally Posted by chadpuska
I know everything there is about these little HHRs and they are neat little rides. that aside this KIA blows the HHR out of the water on every level. There was no chevy available that could come close to what this KIA has to offer. There was alot put into making this KIA a great car. 274 HP 4 banger with 37MPG is pretty nice. I never thought id own a kia either, but imo i picked a great one to own. Oh and it was designed by the same person that desings Audi's so they really put some time into it. Oh and heres a bombshell the KIA Optima race team won 1st and 2nd place in World Challenge GTS competition. Against Camaro and other crazy fast cars. Id say that a pretty big accomplishment for a nubie to the race world and they did it in a 4 door 4 banger. I loved my HHR alot you can ask anyone that knows me, and i will never forget it.
Good for you man! Im with you here brother. Done a ton of car research over the last year looking to rid myself of the noisey, clunky, ****forfinish HHR. KIA and Hyundai are putting out quality vehicles. Best, BEST of luck Chad.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:29 PM

I may be crazy but I don't think a 4 cylinder KIA will run with a V-8 Camaro without some pretty weird rules for the Camaro to even out the differences. Probably weight or some kind of throttle limiter. 430 horsepower versus 274, I don't think it would be a race. Most of those race series prefer foreign cars over domestics just like most of the media.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jerry455
I may be crazy but I don't think a 4 cylinder KIA will run with a V-8 Camaro without some pretty weird rules for the Camaro to even out the differences. Probably weight or some kind of throttle limiter. 430 horsepower versus 274, I don't think it would be a race. Most of those race series prefer foreign cars over domestics just like most of the media.
Oh the turbo was beefed up among other things, the engine is stock internals.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...challenge.html
Old 11-17-2012, 08:35 PM

Man, not EVERYone wants to race. How about a nice responding car that will more then get out it's own way, that's all Im after. The occasional 'show dckface whats up' on the freeway now n then maybe but NO way racing with a DD car. Nah. Chad check in now n then and report how you're liking the KIA over the long haul. Take care man.