The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Thank you to our troops

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Here was my last Thursday adventure on the way back from Raleigh, NC.

For a while now several travelers have been giving other gestures of giving up their seats in first class and taking their seat in coach. Well being that I am up on the platinum tier with Northwest airlines, I did a constructive thing last thursday. I put 2 service men up in First Class by Upgrading one as a travel companion, then swapping seats with his friend when he walked on..

We are starting to see more on the way home and giving up your seat for them is catching on pretty good.

If you can't stand behind our troops, Stand in front of them when the bullets fly.

Thanks to the Men and Women who are serving now so we can still live in freedom.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 PM

I say thank you to each of them before they leave from Great Lakes and when they return, and I some times cry when we have to send our Funeral Detail out for the others, Our Military Funeral Detail Men & Women serve a 400 mile area from Great Lakes. The State and Government need to do more for our troops that keep us Safe & Free

Z
Old 04-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Totally ironic, but I just returned from a 12hr trip with 6 really great people who were back from Iraq, there were MANY beverages consumed amongst them and a great time out on the water with these guys. The thing I found the most intriguing about these guys was their appreciative demeanor and attitude, point being it was refreshing to be amongst people who do not take everything as granted like most people I deal with everyday. They didnt even bring up that they were back from Iraq until I started my basic small talk on the ride out, at which point I called back to the docks and spoke to the head cheese who refunded their entire trip (like 1800.00) and said keep them out as long as they like. Too bad we ran out of beer,lol. I think 2 of them have to go back in like 2-3 days, I didn't even know what to say.......Thanks to ALL of you men and women of the armed forces.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Founding Member

Thats great! A simple "thank You!" in sign language!