The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

For those travelling to Mexico and maybe Canada...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:17 AM

so its only those who are flying?
what about those traveling by taxi crossing the border? heh
ah oh well...we'll see what happens when the tourist economy in mexico drops, and makes more illegals want to cross here for work and money...
Old 11-09-2006, 09:54 AM

Everyone will be required to have a passport ..... flying, driving, or walking.. no exceptions...
Old 11-09-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Everyone will be required to have a passport ..... flying, driving, or walking.. no exceptions...

pffffffffff

like the gubment doesnt already take enough money from us

oh well
Old 11-09-2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Excellent, good move by the government.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member

Solman....

You're probably correct on the flying vs. walking issue.

Also, if you "book" passage by flying, cruise, bus, or whatever, for a departure,internationally, after the mentioned date, the booking agency WILL NOT take your reservation, NOW, without a passport #.

I just booked a cruise and a flight with 2 different agengies, for next year. They both required a passport number. What I am told, regarding a passport for departure.....they wish to assure their clients will have return entry without complications.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Solman....

You're probably correct on the flying vs. walking issue.

Also, if you "book" passage by flying, cruise, bus, or whatever, for a departure,internationally, after the mentioned date, the booking agency WILL NOT take your reservation, NOW, without a passport #.

I just booked a cruise and a flight with 2 different agengies, for next year. They both required a passport number. What I am told, regarding a passport for departure.....they wish to assure their clients will have return entry without complications.
I glanced at the page and that was what I read. I would imagine it will slowly become mandatory across the board. But I would think for those that cross the border legally for work or whatever, they will give them time to get the necessary paperwork done.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

I don't know about that.

My son in law works for a company that has a facility in Mexicali. His position requires once a month visits to that Mexico facility. His employer "pushed" for his passport, about a month ago (they paid), to ensure crossings. The "Uncle", questioned at that time, said without exceptions.

The point is....there will probably be a temporary procedure established for the "snails", but not without some delay and hassel.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I don't know about that.

My son in law works for a company that has a facility in Mexicali. His position requires once a month visits to that Mexico facility. His employer "pushed" for his passport, about a month ago (they paid), to ensure crossings. The "Uncle", questioned at that time, said without exceptions.

The point is....there will probably be a temporary procedure established for the "snails", but not without some delay and hassel.
Well, that does sound like it might be sooner than later.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:40 PM

Atleast they are only requiring a passport for now. It'll get rough if it ever gets to the point where a VISA is required. Getting a passport from your home country is easy, trying getting a VISA from the country you want to visit, now that is a hassle. At times it can be months of paperwork, documents, checks, reasons ect.