The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Tombstone

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:18 PM

Tombstone

A lady in uniontown buried her dog in the city cemetery. Its is buried right under the flagpole and even has a small stone with an epitaph... "In memory of *****head"..... Not making this up. I took pictures today on my way to work, I'll post tonight when i get home (11cst)

Petīs Tombstone Creating Controversy in Union County
Dated: 08/01/2007 15:07:10 Updated: 08/01/2007 16:50:30

story by: Alan Cavanna

UNIONTOWN, KY - The cemetery is tucked away next to a Uniontown cornfield.

The only sound to be heard; a pump-jack in the distance.

But front and center, below the flag pole dedicated to veterans, sits a new gravestone for dog that died eight years ago.

"It says 'In memory of S---head'," Judy Hagan told us.

Some are calling it disrespectful to the families in this cemetery. Ed Burnett has a grandmother who he says does not want to be buried in the same cemetery as an animal.

"I'm not sure if she's aware of the name," Burnett said, adding, "If she were aware, she'd probably end up going to the hospital. I think I could prefer to find something better... maybe Ol' Yeller."

But Hagan isn't out for suggestions. She tends to the grave, and speaks about the uniquely-named dog, as if it were her child. Everyone we spoke to Wednesday in the small town knew of the dog and its name, well before its death.

Hagan told NEWS 25 she didn't have the headstone made to be controversial, but to remember her loved one.

"His name wasn't poop-head," she said. "His name was S---head, and I'm proud of it. I don't care who gets mad over it."

However, we learned the mayor is looking into to it, as are city attorneys. They say while the cemetery is public, the plot is owned by Hagan. Hagan said she's ready to fight, if it "hits the fan".

"It will have to be a legal matter before I remove it," she told us. "I will fight them to a T."

Mayor Kevin Ferguson was not available to talk Wednesday, but we did talk to City Attorney Mike Williamson. He told us so far, he's found no law prohibiting an animal from being buried in a public cemetery.

As far as the dog's name, he says research into the legality of that is just underway.

We'll continue to monitor this story.

All content copyright 2007 Đ WEHT - Gilmore Broadcasting Corp.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Cool so what...

You know, some people need to get a hobby, like buy an HHR and mod it or something...seriously. We love our dog, & he is like family to us. If someone wants to bury their dog in a cemetery, so be it. BIG DEAL.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
You know, some people need to get a hobby, like buy an HHR and mod it or something...seriously. We love our dog, & he is like family to us. If someone wants to bury their dog in a cemetery, so be it. BIG DEAL.
I think the problem is not that he's buried there, its that hes buried in front of the flagpole and the veterans marker, so that the first thing you see when you drive in is a flagpole and right below it... "In Memory Of *****head"
Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 PM

I believe I mentioned that some people treat/love their dog like they were/are Human...when the discussion was a little different, (M. Vick).
This woman thinks that way. And, the dog was probably born in the U.S.A. which pretty much makes him/her/it, a citizen, a member of 'this' country.
It may even have rights.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Banned

Looks like someone was a fan of The Jerk.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Looks like someone was a fan of The Jerk.
^^^^ ^^^^
Old 08-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
^^^^ ^^^^
The Jerk is an old Steve Martin film. His dog is named ****head in it.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:23 PM

My neighbors have a dog named Mavin. I guess they wanted pay homage to The Jerk as well without being as obvious.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:28 AM

I doubt that there are any laws about an animal being buried in a public cemetary, but I do have a bit of a problem of it being buried in front of a Veterans marker. I do have to laugh at the name, at one time I wanted to name my one dog A**hole. But the girlfriend said not to, don't know why

And yes, some dogs in this country do have certain rights. I know one of mine do, and he is even protected my law. But then he is a Service Dog and helps me get around.

Just my thoughts, opions are like a**holes, everyone has one
Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 AM

NAVIN jonhson lmao