The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Tony Stewart Fined!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 06:29 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR
It is the network's responsibility to be on a delay to keep any "live" surprizes off of the air. NASCAR needs to get a grip about this..........these men (and a lot of the rest of us) talk like this every day. It is not illegal anywhere but FCC regulated TV and radio. THe networks are there to "bleep" anything else that needs it.
Have to agree w/ quest on this. How do you delay the interview from those that are there?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by quest51210
i was invited to a nascar race about a year ago and had media access, i was called a "wetback", "beaner", told i should race my "lowrider" to the finish line, and told "to go back to mexico" more times than i could count. needless to say i formed a definite opinion on the spectators of the sport. doesnt fall far from the perception of the sport. but in reality if i cussed on camera in front of the constituents that i work for i would be fired.
Sorry that happened to you. My wife has never had that problem at a race. Even at the local track in the stands with my kids while I was in the pits. She's been to Martinsville and Charlotte. What track were you at?

As far as Tony being fined, I think it's stupid. It's Nascar execs who have never been in a race car and do not under stand how emotional racing is. As far as Tony they had to fine him because they had fined JR (last year I think). As far as Kyle he was in his own car and own the teams private radio (although they were broadcasting it), Of course they fined Shane Hmiel for flipping off Dale Jarrett a few years ago while Jarret was walking toward him during a caution. Although Shane stoned was 5 times the driver Dale Jarret has ever thought he was.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:29 PM

So Stewart was fined and docked points for saying BS.

Kyle Petty on the other hand dropped the F bomb on live TV during the road course race at Infineon. What happened to him? As far as I know, nothing.

Typical NASCAR hypocrisy IMHO.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:30 PM

This "Polical Correctness" baloney gets a little out of hand at times! So a cuss word slips out from time to time. Is it really doing all that much harm? We all do it un-itentionally from time to time!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Nascar is PG-13, live with it.
That`s what you get when you Target a very young audience (with an activity they`re too young to participate in) when the sport was intended for young/middle aged men.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
So Stewart was fined and docked points for saying BS.

Kyle Petty on the other hand dropped the F bomb on live TV during the road course race at Infineon. What happened to him? As far as I know, nothing.

Typical NASCAR hypocrisy IMHO.
Kyle Petty was not fined because: 1) He was on the radio with his crew at the time and not broadcasting to the public,TNT chose to go to his radio after the crash 2) The f-bomb did not go out live but went out during a replay several minutes later during which TNT had plenty of time to review and censor out the word. TNT was in such a hurry to broadcast the in car that they dropped the ball and allowed the word to be broadcast.

No hypocrisy....this time. Besides not being able to say Bulls**t is Bulls**t.