The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Should Toyota be in NASCAR?
Yes
39.86%
No
60.14%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota in NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
maybe they should replace the Dodges because they stink anyway, all the dodge drivers get toyotas. lol
No American manufacturer sucks! What about the Viper, or the Charger, or the Magnum. I could go on and on with all of the good Dodge cars over the years but anyone who knows anything about cars will get my point. Hell, we wouldn't have had so many great muscle cars if Dodge weren't in the game. Sure they had some bad cars over the years like the Shadow but every car they have made is better than any Toyota.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:07 PM

NO!
Isn't it bad enough that the country is losing jobs to foreign countries and our stores are full of cheap crap from those countries? This country needs to be a little more nationalistic like the Japanese are.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:23 PM

Nascar

Lets see.... NASCAR..(National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing). It started out in the 40's, then we had 4-6- and 8 cylinder gasoline engines. If my memory serves me right, they used to run the Hornet, Hudson, Oldsmobiles and other makes no longer found in production, including the present Chevies, Fords and Dodges. But it started in the Southern United States, most notably in Florida at Daytona. But like mentioned, Rockingham, Darlington, North Wilks -Borough, Bristol, Richmond, etc......didn't see Hirishima, Tokyo, Soeul, or any foreign city.....Today's NASCAR racers are not anywhere near what we drive today....When was the last time you saw an 850 holley on your factory delievered V-8 Monte Carlo, of Ford Fusion? They are really out of touch with what it started out as. It is now a game of money, who can attract the most
audience and how far can they go to get all that money. Places like Phoniex, Las Vegas, Chicago, mmmmm no won't be long before they open in Atlantic City, and other richer cities....No i don't think Toyota is NASCAR......imagine an Element running around the track at Oklahoma City........????????????????
Old 05-03-2006, 09:53 PM

No way, NASCAR is about American made muscle. Let the others create their own league to race in!
Old 06-07-2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Clarke33
If you removed all the badging from the cars, most people would not have a clue as to the manufacturer. All cars have to fit a common template. HP is kept in check between the big three(and soon to be imports) until NASCAR decides they want to stir things up and let one have an edge for a while. When NASCAR brings back no restrictor plate, run what ya brung and hope you brung enough racing, I might start watching again. Since I'm not watching anymore, it doesn't really matter to me if they even let Yugo's in.
If Toyota is willing to pay for sponsorship, let them. The least that will happen is we'll see some new faces. I mean, nobody else will 'sink so slow' as to drive an import. Besides, does the car really mean more than the driver? If a driver who's willing to race in a Toyota beats the Big Three, it's only a testament to his skills.

And if you're interested in seeing 'stock car' racing, check out American LeMans. Matter of fact, go check out the C5R and C6R.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:10 PM

Angry No ! No! No!

Originally Posted by DJNateGnau
Who here is a NASCAR fan? If you are, How do you feel about NASCAR letting Toyota race in a TRULY AMERICAN LEAGUE? I for one don't like it, Because Toyota has NO history in the beginnings of the race. Never saw a Toyota Bootleggin', Did ya? Nope. Dave Despain said it best. "Racing in America, Is like Bush's Foreign policy. We'll do as we damn well please, And we Don't care what the rest of the world thinks of it." Don't get me wrong, I love OPEN WHEEL RACING. That is where Toyota belongs. But let us keep NASCAR.

PS: I know Toyota has been in Craftsman Truck Racing. Don't mean I like it. Don't bother questioning my logic, You won't change my mind.

So Tell me what you think. I'm interested.
You said it perfectly ! I will add one comment though The France family are ruining nascar.I am amazed that they still say a Christian prayer before each race .It will only be a matter of time before someone complains about it and they will stop it .
Old 06-07-2006, 09:31 PM

I think it's fine. Should make things more interesting...Toyota is whooping up the others in the Truck Series. While I understand what you are all saying about it being foreign, we've allowed that to happen here in the US. How many of you have ever owned a foreign car. I say let them race and if they fall on their face...so be it. Besides...my driver is one of them that is going to Toyota...and I'll follow him no matter what he drives. That driver would be Dale Jarrett btw.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
How many of you have ever owned a foreign car.
Not me. I've only bought American cars and will never buy anything but. I made a vow to myself as a child to only own American cars and I've held true to it. There is nothing to draw me to foreign manufacturers and I personally feel American vehicles are superior to Japanese vehicles. Plus there is the whole supporting American industries issue. It sucks working in the American manufacturing industry and seeing it slowly die to inferior products from other counties where they pay their empolyees like a nickle a week.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:40 PM

Toyota probably won't hurt NASCAR...(trucks seem to be surviving..)..but the Car Of Tomorrow might.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by DYLANSHHR

You said it perfectly ! I will add one comment though The France family are ruining nascar.I am amazed that they still say a Christian prayer before each race .It will only be a matter of time before someone complains about it and they will stop it .
I believe you are right. The France family IS ruining NASCAR. Which really sucks, Because Bill France Started it in a friggin' Gas Station.

Quick Reply: Toyota in NASCAR