The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Should Toyota be in NASCAR?
Yes
39.86%
No
60.14%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota in NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 06:00 PM

yea but toyota have a larger percentage of thier vehicles built here than anybody else
Old 12-29-2007, 02:52 PM

Hey dont start bashing Toyota, they have to follow all the same rules and guidelines as all the other teams, they still have a long way to go in nextel
but with top name drivers like 20 and all of jgr switching to Toyota lets see
what they can do with the cars, just keep in mind its not the car it's the
team thats racing

Last edited by sunnyhhr20; 12-30-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by sunnyhhr20
Hey dont start bashing Toyota, they have to follow all the same rules and guidelines as all the other teams, they still have a long way to go in nextel
but with top name drivers like 20 and all of rcr switching to Toyota lets see
what they can do with the cars, just keep in mind its not the car it's the
team thats racing
to the forum...glad to have another 20 fan in the group. You're preaching to the choir when it comes to Toyota being in Cup racing. Unfortunately no matter how much things change around us, some people aren't going to like it just because it's a Toyota. That's ok...when Tony wins the 1st cup race in a Toyota, I think you may see a different attitude.

I find it funny though that people complain about a foreign make being in racing, but don't have a problem with buying a car assembled in Mexico.

PS...just for the record RCR is not racing Toyota's this year...but I think you meant to say JGR.

Go Toyota...and Go SMOKE!!! Hope to see you in Victory Lane at Daytona.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:34 PM

What ever happened to win on Sunday...sell on Monday?
The Big Three, massaging their cars to win in the next Cup season...
The big wing on the Super Birds, the fast back Monte Carlo...
INNOVATION to win

Other than the decals and the hood ornament, they're all the same cars now.
The "Car of Tomorrow" as they put it!

And one more thing...where can I buy the "coupe" versions of the cars?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DEEREBILT
yea but toyota have a larger percentage of thier vehicles built here than anybody else
You care to share a source for that statement?

The whole foreign v. domestic thing in NASCAR is pretty silly, though. Jaguar and MG were participating in NASCAR racing back in the '50s. Toyota is NOT the first, and their participation is little more than a sticker on a car built and powered by someone else's designs.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 PM

No! I think the tradition of Nascar has gone down hill.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 AM

I can go either way. All the cars now have the same body, as supplied. The only difference in brands are the nose and tail, also supplied, and thae drivetrain. I watch NASCAR, and I think they should go back to the old way of "stock" cars, where the cars actually resemble cars on the street, and regulate the modifications (ie, car has to be a rear wheel drive coupe and the engine had to be available in that car). As far as brand, if you brought enough to qualify, you race. There are a whole bunch of Toyotas and Hondas etc. built in North America now, and I am sure that the good ole boys would run "shine" in a Toyota if that's what they had to do it in. Of course they would mod the heck out of it too.

Jim
Old 09-21-2008, 01:10 PM

IMO....... the cars or trucks should NOT be allowed..........
Old 09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

I think NASCAR is a joke. It is supposed to be stock cars like in the 60's. The cars now days have a slight resembelence to a street car. How many Chevies that are in NASCAR have you seen at your local Chevy dealer that are rear wheel drive? Same with the engine, none of them are factory engines as they used to be. Bring back the real NASCAR and keep out the foreign junk.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by bigdog9586
I think NASCAR is a joke. It is supposed to be stock cars like in the 60's. The cars now days have a slight resembelence to a street car. How many Chevies that are in NASCAR have you seen at your local Chevy dealer that are rear wheel drive? Same with the engine, none of them are factory engines as they used to be. Bring back the real NASCAR and keep out the foreign junk.
must not be to much of a joke........ due to the number of people that go to them......... kinda like soccer i guess some like it..... and some of us dont.

Quick Reply: Toyota in NASCAR