The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Traded the HHR.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I've been looking at the Malibu Hybrid since it also has the Ecotec engine. But, even though Chevy offers great colors in other models, the Malibu Hybrid has some very bland choices. What were they thinking? Do only boring people buy hybrids? Not necessarily! Why would Toyota offer the Prius in bright red and lime green?
Take a look at the Aura Hybrid. Same car, different colors.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 PM

I loved the Malibu we got from the dealership while the Equinox was in for repairs. I was going to buy that instead of the HHR, but when I got trapped in the damn thing a couple times and realised the egress was difficult for someone my size I crossed it off the list.

BTW, I am 6'9" so the fact that I can even fit in the HHR is astounding!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 PM

Although, the SS is nice, I traded my Formula firebird for the HHR' mileage and it's utility/loo
s. What would be neat if GM got smart and made available a Hybrid HHR!!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 PM

Do only boring people buy hybrids?
Yes...
Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 PM

Why would Toyota offer the Prius in bright red and lime green?
Because it's so brutally ugly they figured giving it a bright colour would make people not look at it
Old 04-10-2008, 12:44 PM

The other day I saw a panel HHR that painted lime green with the white racing stripes. It was so ugly it was kind of cute...lol.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 PM

I'm not sure about the Hybrid "hype". What is going to happen when the $5000.00 battery goes out. Also, who in there right mind would buy a used hybrid knowing that the $5000.00 battery is only good for a limited amount of time (100k miles or 5 years on the prius I think).

With an engine you can pretty much tell what kind of shape its in by listening to it run and, the gas engine life is directly related to how well it's maintained.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:29 PM

Well, if diesel prices would become sane again, the new 2009 Volkswagen CRD's (Common Rail Diesel) would be a great choice for efficiency and good power, along with 50 state clean emissions. The 2009 Jetta is slated to return low to mid 50's for highway mpg, while meeting California emissions, and all with 235 lb-ft of torque on tap through a 6-speed dual clutch automatic. Jetta's are pretty well appointed, too, as amenities go. But the problem right now is the huge scam that's being perpetrated against the country with diesel prices. You refine for gasoline, you get diesel first-- its the first cut off the distillation tower, all that need be done is desulphur it, apply an additive package and its ready to sell. Many more steps in the refining process are req'd before gasoline is ready to sell. Both from the same barrel of crude oil. So tell me again why diesel is costing almost a dollar more in some parts of the country? HHO (Home heating oil) accounts for 10% of the distillates market whereas on-road diesel accounts for 40%. So the HHO seasonal excuse is built on a faulty foundation from the get-go. The product with the larger market share drives the market, not the other way around.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Banned

Again, your fuel prices are a component of oil prices, which are driven by the weakened US dollar. If we can't pay off our debts that everyone else owns, the cost of fungible goods is going to keep going up! Also, the distillates market is shared by off-road diesel and other fuels like jet fuel. Notice all the flights that are being canceled right now. In fact, the only industry that isn't scaling back right now is rail just because they locked in their fuel prices years ago.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Although, the SS is nice, I traded my Formula firebird for the HHR' mileage and it's utility/loo
s. What would be neat if GM got smart and made available a Hybrid HHR!!
I think we'd have to give up the spare tire to have a location for the batteries. While a hybrid HHR would be great, the standard HHR still gets better mileage than most hybrids. Go to http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/hybrid_sbs.shtml and check out the mileage ratings. The only reason I want a hybrid is I travel 7 miles to work and there are 9 stop lights. I could probably travel the entire way on battery power!

Quick Reply: Traded the HHR.......