The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Transformers Movie

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EL_REY
the killing of megatron? pshhhhh....lets see starscream escapes? part 2?

Transformers 2 is already announced for 2009. I'm afraid to see this film. I have a hard time associating anything Michael Bay does with good. I know he'll trash another license that I love just like he did to The Hitcher, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror, and he's about to do to Friday the 13th. I'll watch how bad he ruined Transformers when it's out on DVD but I don't expect it to be better than any of his other crap summer blockbusters like Armageddon, Bad Boys, or Pearl Harbor. I hate Micheal Bay!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Couldn`t get Black...

Black Beauty-Obot
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2007, 02:20 PM

I haven't seen it yet but the things that bother me being a Transformer Kid in my day is the fact they changed the vehicles. Bumblebee is not a Camaro and Megatron is not a jet At least Optimus Prime was still a Big Rig.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:06 PM

yea i just didnt think it was good at all.. i mean esp growing up with the original stuff on tv and the comix..

but they did have to give it a modern appeal i suppose so they changed a few things....bumblebee a camaro "beee-otch" haha..but megatron a jet? way dumb, but i gues it wouldnt be belieavable as him as a huge gun?

if you know anythig about the transformers, u know what this movie is about...only thing is they tell it in a very boring ass way... at least i thought

part 2.. lets see starscream finds more decepticons, or he ends up back at cybertron, or maybe unicron comes out and rescuse megatron who knows... but when prime calls the other autobots they show up on earth...

i dont know...the only comic to movie that keeps it like it is was fantasic 4, tho i havent seen the silver surfer one, and maybe xmen to a point

i just am dissapointed with all the hype they made transformers out to be
Old 07-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EL_REY
i dont know...the only comic to movie that keeps it like it is was fantasic 4, tho i havent seen the silver surfer one, and maybe xmen to a point
I though Ghost Rider did a good job which surprised me seeing as how Mark Johnson F'D up Daredevil. I thought he would never be allowed to direct another Marvel film again. I also had to get over Nicolas Cage being in it.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:20 PM

Fantastic 4?? I thought that movie wasn't very good or even very interesting .

Who would want to see and old VW bug nowadays? Forcing the movie to be like the old cartoons just wouldn't work with any movie. This one worked well with the story. It stayed interesting and had a plausible plot. And of course the effects was great. And what better battle could there be between good and evil than a Camaro VS. a Mustang?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:27 PM

Bumblebee was the smallest of the autobots. If they really wanted to use a Chevy he should have been an Aveo
Old 07-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

I'm not hating on Transformers because I haven't seen it yet but I can speak as a fan who has seen a lot of licenses he loves get turned into garbage. If you stray too far from the original story lines or change too much you loose your base of true fans. I don't mind when things get changed to make the movie flow better or when a director takes their own artistic liberties but when you change too much it's a bad thing. What you do seem to do when you completely change everything is start a trend of new mainstream fans that usually didn't follow or see the original license and end up with a crowd of jaded old school fans that have just had something they love pissed all over. More directors and film makers need to learn this lesson. More comic and film companies need to learn this before they turn their license over to the wrong people. George Lucas should have leaned this before he released Episode I. I will hate on Michael Bay though because he truly sucks donkey nuts!
Old 07-04-2007, 03:42 PM

Agrees with CH. For me Bumblebee does not make sense as a Camaro.

From Wikipedia
"Bumblebee is the "little brother" of the heroic Autobot faction, constantly striving to prove himself in the eyes of the taller, stronger robots that he idolises - especially his commander, Optimus Prime. So strong is this desire, he often takes risks that put him in danger. Although a bit of a wise-cracker, he is a capable and reliable messenger and spy, his small size allowing him to go places that his larger comrades cannot. He is highly fuel efficient, has great visual acuity, is particularly adaptable to undersea environments and transforms into a Volkswagen Beetle."

Then to change Megatron into a jet?!? Why didn't they just come up with new characters and just retain some of the old?
Old 07-04-2007, 05:06 PM

I never watched the cartoon ( a lil old for it i think) I wish they would make G force (battle of the planets) into a moobie,or maybe an old series from the sixties called ufo, THAT rocked.
I think it was done by gerry anderson of thunderbirds fame.

Quick Reply: Transformers Movie