The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Transformers Movie

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 AM

Ok so some of you hated it since the cars weren't the same and YES it was a 2hour GM commercial but what do you expect? SOMEONE was going to do it and I'd rather see a Camaro up there than a 'stang or sad ass excuse for a "charger".

For those that didn't know there was a prequel... It is a graphic novel released as Transformers: Movie Prequel. (good name huh?) It explains a LOT more than the movie does. How Megatron got here and why. Basically everything. Including a description of Megatron's "jet" form which is actually a spaceship/destroyer/combat thing that he was back on their home planet. For those that never kept up Megatron has died SEVERAL times throughout the Transformer's legacy both in film and comics. For a while there was Galvatron. But thats just geek stuff no one cares to hear about.

Bumblebee in this movie is a Camaro. His older form WAS NOT a beetle but a VERY clever LOOKALIKE! It was based off the beetle, civic hatch, and if I remember right a Citroen or something European hatchback too! This is explained in a book I have that discusses the Transformers from origin in design to the actual cars they were in the TV series, comics, movies and so on.

No one mentions the fact that Jazz was a Porsche lookalike in the TV series and is now a Solctice. Never was a crowd favorite since he was basically a stereo-type "black" character. Still is in fact. Drops the "*****es" phrase when first introduced formally.

There are a lot of things taken into consideration for this movie as far as the cars and such are concerned. HASBRO was directly involved with the project as well as others; and wouldn't have changed the design of the the transformers if they thought the story telling and feel of the original TV series we all knew and loved would be crushed or mangled in any way.

I loved this film and went and saw it with my girlfriend who doesn't really like cars, machines, or cartoons. We both loved this movie and cannot wait for the next one! I think its one of the best action films I've seen this year. I give it :twothumbs and think its worth the 8-9 you pay to see a decent movie now a days. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:26 AM

not just starscream scorpion also escaped.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 AM

thats right, I forgot about Scorpion ( think his tail will grow back). I think it sucks that Jazz died because he could have JAZZED up the movie a bit if he could keep his mouth or voice simulator clean. I might finaly name my car, in his honor! maybe i don't know yet.

AWESOME MOVIE!!! it has been the movie so far this year in my opinion.

Think if we bugged Micheal Bay or Chevy or someone enough that they just might throw ann HHR transformer in part two? That would be cool ! So everyone go tell them now
Old 07-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by R CA HHR
Think if we bugged Micheal Bay or Chevy or someone enough that they just might throw ann HHR transformer in part two? That would be cool ! So everyone go tell them now
I don't think bugging Michael Bay will help. I'm pretty sure he views himself as a god and doesn't listen to suggestion from us mortals. I guess we need people like Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich to make big budget dumb movies so that small budget independent movies look that much better.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by EL_REY
i disagree on how "awesome" the movie was...

yes the effects and colors and action was great but the story? BLAH to me was lame as hell...didnt really stick to the comics, tv series, etc...

the killing of megatron? pshhhhh....lets see starscream escapes? part 2?

i just thought it sucked..i give it 2.5 of 5
I have to agree. Though the cars were really cool, there was way too much fighting. It left me feeling like I was watching an episode of "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers".
Old 07-05-2007, 12:32 PM

Hey Birds, maybe the Autbots should have just came to Earth found the Allspark and gave it to Megatron so he could turn all of our machines against us and rule the universe with evil and destruction. Then there would have been no fighting because us humans would just sit by and allow the Decepitcon to kill our race and destroy Earth. I'm just kidding with ya . I'm not a big enough geek to start crap with people over silly stuff like this.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Inframan
This movie is so freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, It was FREAKING AWESOME!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:39 PM

Yeah! Ditto!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 AM

I really liked it.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:45 AM

I went and saw it again on Sunday, took the whole family this time. My 4 yr old loved it and jump up and yelled" THATS OPTIMUS PRIME, THERES OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!!" when they first showed him (I wanted to also but being the adult had to hold it in) and then cried like someone just killed his dog when they were capturing Bumblebee under the bride with the ropes(or cables) and the fire extanguisher things and BumbleBee was making that whining sound. My wife had to keep telling him that he was okay and that he was going to get free soon. Very good movie even the second time. Any dvd release date rumors yet???

Quick Reply: Transformers Movie