The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Transformers Movie

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chingchonger
That's what reruns are for. If it's going to be new, it has to be "NEW".
Cybertron is new! The cartoons were animated from 2005-2006 and are still airing on Cartoon Network. Transformers never really went away just went through many story lines and evolutions. Michael bay didn't have to change anything. When Michael Bay chose to change everything to fit his needs he just pissed all over the entire franchise and the franchises fans.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Cybertron is new! The cartoons were animated from 2005-2006 and are still airing on Cartoon Network. Transformers never really went away just went through many story lines and evolutions. Michael bay didn't have to change anything. When Michael Bay chose to change everything to fit his needs he just pissed all over the entire franchise and the franchises fans.
It's still an awesome movie. I'm pretty sure if you were to watch it without comparing it to the Transformers of the past 20 years, you will really see this as a great movie that is made for a large demographic of viewers. So letting go of the of the nostalgic or the "fan boy" mentality would really let you enjoy this movie.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

So letting go of the of the nostalgic or the "fan boy" mentality would really let you enjoy this movie.
That's my problem. It's hard to do. And the fact that I HATE Michael Bay. That's why I got pissed when I heard he was working on the project. Michael Bay is one of the biggest douchebag directors of all time.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:40 PM

It's still an awesome movie. I'm pretty sure if you were to watch it without comparing it to the Transformers of the past 20 years, you will really see this as a great movie that is made for a large demographic of viewers. So letting go of the of the nostalgic or the "fan boy" mentality would really let you enjoy this movie.

thats why he made the movie the way he did.. for non "fanboys" and poser as* basta*ds
Old 08-04-2007, 10:19 PM

Hey, I've been selling this stuff since the '80's. Toys, records, kites, you name it, we had it. Every dvd/vhs variant in several languages. I am a bit older than the average Transformer fan since I grew up on Jonny Quest

I just don't get the giant robot thing, though I import them every day of the week. Got a bunch of New Japanese Megatrons coming soon. They actually shoot pellets

Actually I tend to work real hard at getting stuff so much so that I rarely get to enjoy much of it. I guess that is why they call it a "Job"

Got in a pile of Autobot and Deceptacon tee shirts, but no one is buyin' em? What gives there? They always sold before.... Perhaps the fanbase IS feeling like CH?

Heck I found out through the movie that Megatron is a bad guy Been selling him for years and never knew.
Just '80's kitsch to me. I like 60's and early 70's kitsch Pretty much anything pre Star Wars since that tends to be a great dividing line between eras.

My daughter liked the Transformers movie. She told me who was Bumblebee before I could figure it out. I'm an old dad.........

Still, though it was funny, the masturbation reference kind of dropped like a bomb in our car when it was said ( We watched it at a drive in ). My seven year old daughter asked "What's that? What do they mean" We dismissed it rather than address it like most of us I hope would. I figure a year or two more of some child hood innocence is something to strive for. PG is a reality on that movie.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:26 PM

I agree. I - being an adult child - adored the movie. I was transfixed and weepy with excitement at times . But at a few points I was wondering if my 5 and 8 yr old grandchildren should see it yet.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:52 PM

It's PG-13 right?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:16 PM

BUMP
Just an update I just read that Transformers was released to IMAX theatres yesturday and the local bluckbuster will have it on Oct. 16th. so does anyone know where and when the soonest I can buy it is. I do usually burn movies (ya I know so what) but I wanna buy this one.

Also Harpo if you have some good deals on T-formers 07 movie shirts or some toys PM me as X-mas is just around the corner, Thanks
Old 09-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by R CA HHR
BUMP
Just an update I just read that Transformers was released to IMAX theatres yesturday and the local bluckbuster will have it on Oct. 16th. so does anyone know where and when the soonest I can buy it is.
10/16 for both the single disc and 2 disc special edition.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:46 AM

yea netflix has it for oct as well...

again for those with some info on torrents.. i know a great dvd torrent site

ty netflix for making my dvd collection grow, same with the torrent community

Quick Reply: Transformers Movie