The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Transformers Movie

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:41 PM

I was useing netflix for about two years and then switched to blockbuster. It is $5.00 less and I can trade movies in at my local store for any movie they have. I have had 6 rented movies at one time and for the last year or so it's been great to us, and of coure my dvd collection has over doubled since I started the online renting Im not too into the torrents, I tried it once and was unimpressed with the results, but then again I didn't know what I was doing at the time either so maybe its time to try again.

I can't wait until the 16th I'm hopeing to make a trip soon to Sacramento to view the movie on the IMAX screen. We should make a G2G out of it. Car show, movie and then cruise.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:01 AM

When you buy the DVD, there is an insert to register online for drawing. The prize is a Bumblee Chevy Camaro. They are giving away three total plus you can get email updates for information on new Camaro
http://jalopnik.com/cars/transformer...aro-306483.php
Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
When you buy the DVD, there is an insert to register online for drawing. The prize is a Bumblee Chevy Camaro. They are giving away three total plus you can get email updates for information on new Camaro
http://jalopnik.com/cars/transformer...aro-306483.php
yea i hope they are the prototypes...not the 77 camaro or whatever yr it was...

hell im still undecided in buying a classic 68 or trading in the H and getting the new camaro...

edit:spoke too soon about the prototype...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:37 PM

Transformers on IMAX was f'n amazing!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:12 AM

Thats awesome, give us some details. Ive seen the movie three times and might go see it in Imax soon. I hear you can really see the transformations and where all the little pieces go and come from while transforming.
by the way YOU SUCK for seeing it before me
Old 10-06-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by R CA HHR
Thats awesome, give us some details. Ive seen the movie three times and might go see it in Imax soon. I hear you can really see the transformations and where all the little pieces go and come from while transforming.
by the way YOU SUCK for seeing it before me
The first two times I saw Transformers, they were using digital projectors that are not as bright or detailed as film. With IMAX, I was in the perfect seat with the screen nearly filling out my peripheral vision without having to tilt my head up. I felt like I was in the movie. The film projector showed every bit of detail with great brightness and contrast that is expected from a film projector. The sound was awesome. LOUD!!! This was the first time experiencing IMAX and I can't wait to watch another awesome movie in this format.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:11 PM

Its now out at Walmart and in stock at blockbuster video. I just bought all three versions walmart had and rented it so I wouldn't have to open the ones I bought. wal mart has the standard version, a special 2 disc version and an exclusive 2 disc version. I don't know what the differences are so I bought them all I have to go to work now so I have to wait until 9pm to watch it for the 4th time
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM

Wow. Guess I'm the only one thats had this on DVD for the last 2 months now? I could watch this movie everyday. :twothumbs
Old 10-16-2007, 01:33 PM

I had a crappy in threatre recorded version of it but it sucked so I never watched the hole thing. Is yours a torrent?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:34 PM

DVD rip. No extra sound (laughing, clapping etc), no shadows from people walking front of the screen, perfectly centered, not dark, perfect sound.

Only complaint I have is that it gets pixelated on big screen TV's. But on my HDTV with an upconverting DVD player the image and sound couldn't be better!

Still going to buy the 2 disc collectors version just to see the extras!

Quick Reply: Transformers Movie