The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

True American

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
:twothumbs That is the best post in this thread and will probably stay that way.
Thanks man.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Iamaphinespelrr
Ya , except for the new gold coins,no "In God WE Trust" on them
It is on the side of each coin...along with E Pluribus Unum and the mint mark.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rcsart
It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God." and you’ve never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places. These points say nothing about having to be Christian they also do not say other religion should not be accepted, nor that you have to be a Christian to be American only that as an American you respect others opinions. And be accepting for them being apart of the original foundation of America. Which I believe if I’m able to accept someone living next door is of another religion or who does not accept religion at all. I respect their beliefs and they respect mine I believe this is the true American they are talking about here. And that it is a crime against America and the Constitution for others to attempt to take this foundation out from under America.
This is why I need to stay out of religious threads and why we are not supposed to post religious crap on this board. Christians are the most close minded my beliefs are right and the only way group of people in the world. They definitely don't practice what they preach. Christianity is the biggest cause of death, destruction, evil, greed, and wrong doing ever. But it's all in the name of god and Jesus so it's okay.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by terry44030
I think the key is in the term 'christian values'. This country was founded on christian values, not religious fanaticism. Remember, they left England for several reasons, one of which was to be free to practice their religious beliefs as they saw fit. I'm not religious, but I do have 'christian values'. If you think that there should be NO religious references in government, please send me all of your money, because it's riddled with phrases like "In God We Trust". I wouldn't want any of you to be burdened with such offensive stuff.
I agree...and want to add that it is also possible to be spiritual without being religious.Send me your unwanted "Christian" money as well. HB
Old 07-21-2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
This is why I need to stay out of religious threads and why we are not supposed to post religious crap on this board. Christians are the most close minded my beliefs are right and the only way group of people in the world. They definitely don't practice what they preach. Christianity is the biggest cause of death, destruction, evil, greed, and wrong doing ever. But it's all in the name of god and Jesus so it's okay.
Let's not forget those fun-loving and always tolerant Muslims as well. HB
Old 07-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Let's not forget those fun-loving and always tolerant Muslims as well. HB
Every Muslim I know is fun-loving and tolerant
Keep in mind that the prejudices the Western world has about Islam are equal to the prejudices the Eastern world has about Christianity.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:42 PM

TOO late, I was also gonna mention the writing on the sides of the new dollar coins.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chizzer
Every Muslim I know is fun-loving and tolerant
Keep in mind that the prejudices the Western world has about Islam are equal to the prejudices the Eastern world has about Christianity.
Yeah...got to watch out for all those Christian suicide bombers don't we.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Yeah...got to watch out for all those Christian suicide bombers don't we.
I sincerely hope you're not serious.
No, we just have to watch out for the Christian crack dealers, car thieves, child molesting priests, holocaust deniers, white supremacists, and self-serving politicians.

Now, I'm not saying I classify Christianity by the above factors. I'm just saying that playing the "suicide bomb" card is as completely incorrect as all the descriptors I just used. You are classifying an entire people by the acts of a very very slim minority.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:06 PM

I AM a christian and I can truly say, in OUR belief system, KILLING other people in the name of GOD is a sin, those people who commit suicide bombings, in the hope of getting God's blessing are in for a very FIREY suprise, their actions wont send them to heaven, it will send them to HELL..and will stay there FOR ALL ETERNITY!, There IS NO purgatory, You either accept Jesus as your personal savior and allow him to guide your life or you turn away from him, and If you DO choose to turn away from Jesus, EXPECT to hear these words from the Lord when you face judgement.. "DEPART FROM ME, I NEVER KNEW YOU."

Quick Reply: True American