The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

True American

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Actually there are Christian terrorist organizations like The Army of God or The Christian Patriot Movement. Lets not forget ultra religious right wing jerk offs like The Westboro Baptist Church that protest US soldiers burials. Fine examples of "true Americans" with "strong Christian values". Not to be insulting but it's kind of ignorant to overlook stuff like this because you're are blinded by your religion. BTW........I'm more afraid of a right wing fundamentalist Christian nut job than I am of any person that believes in Islam. At least Muslims don't stand on the corners of busy intersection with bibles in their hand yelling scripture telling you that you're going to burn in hell and all types of crap like that unless you accept Jesus right then and there. There's a good example of Christian tolerance. Some of those guys get down right pissed to the point of physical altercation because you wont listen to them, ignore them, or flat out tell them to piss off.
Lets compare...on one hand you have people who yell at you on the street corner.On the other you have people who fly highjacked aircraft full of innocent people into buildings also full of innocent people.So...who did you say was ignorant?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Lets compare...on one hand you have people who yell at you on the street corner.On the other you have people who fly highjacked aircraft full of innocent people into buildings also full of innocent people.So...who did you say was ignorant?
Actually on the same hand you say "you have people who yell at you on the street corner", you have those who blew up a building that killed a few innocent people in Oklahoma.

Ae have plenty of home-grown, bomb-making, "true" americans.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

I didn't say you were ignorant. To overlook Christian terrorist organizations and hard core nut jobs that do bad in the name of your God because it is your religion is ignorant. The act itself, not you! I'm just saying that here in America I am more afraid of a Christian extremest than I am of a Muslim extremest. That's just my personal feelings. I encounter way more Christian nut jobs standing on corners or knocking on my door than I even see Muslims. If one of my daughters should someday need an abortion I'm not afraid of Muslims waiting outside to bomb the place. If one of my daughters ends up gay and goes to a pride parade I'm not afraid of Muslims being there to bomb it. If one of my daughters ends up in the armed forces and is killed in combat I'm not afraid of Muslims bombing her funeral. I'm not afraid of racist Muslims stocking guns, ammunition, and explosives preparing for world war III where their race will end up supreme. The fact is here in America you have more to fear of Christians than you do of Muslims. There are way more Christians here doing bad than there are Muslims regardless of any terrorist activity.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I didn't say you were ignorant. To overlook Christian terrorist organizations and hard core nut jobs that do bad in the name of your God because it is your religion is ignorant. The act itself, not you! I'm just saying that here in America I am more afraid of a Christian extremest than I am of a Muslim extremest. That's just my personal feelings. I encounter way more Christian nut jobs standing on corners or knocking on my door than I even see Muslims. If one of my daughters should someday need an abortion I'm not afraid of Muslims waiting outside to bomb the place. If one of my daughters ends up gay and goes to a pride parade I'm not afraid of Muslims being there to bomb it. If one of my daughters ends up in the armed forces and is killed in combat I'm not afraid of Muslims bombing her funeral. I'm not afraid of racist Muslims stocking guns, ammunition, and explosives preparing for world war III where their race will end up supreme. The fact is here in America you have more to fear of Christians than you do of Muslims. There are way more Christians here doing bad than there are Muslims regardless of any terrorist activity.
Please see post #31...thanks for your concern.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Alright folks get your popcorn cause this one is getting good! Oh and hurry up and keep posting before this one gets

Ng
Old 07-22-2007, 03:56 PM

CH, you make a strong point terrorism is terrorism anyway you spread it. If anyone acts out with this type of violence in the name of religion they follow something of a false Christian principle IMO, and I hope there is a higher being to set them straight when they get where they are going. Not all Muslims are extremist most are not and those who aren't despise the one's who are. The Muslim extremists hate anyone and everyone who doesn't think like they do. And they go to great lengths to hurt others who don't follow their agenda. I don't know many Christian extremist who slip into other countries to aimlessly suicide boom innocent people nor have they been doing it for 100s of years. These people have been at war over there religion longer then any of us can remember and will be fighting and breeding fighters to hate for long after we are gone. You point out a very small group in the American population; I don’t feel they are trying to take over here. Nor do I feel they sit around every day making plans to target mass numbers of American on our home soil. I also don’t know of any who have hijacked planes in foreign lands to fly into large building attempting to kill large numbers of innocent people for religious reasons or any other reason for that matter. I will give you that fighting certain issues here in America in the name of religion is totally against anything the majority of us stand for or tolerate, and I feel we try very hard to police these issues as they arise in the USA.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:06 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by ng8650
Alright folks get your popcorn cause this one is getting good! Oh and hurry up and keep posting before this one gets

Ng
All set
Name:  Popcorn.gif
Views: 11
Size:  11.4 KB
Old 07-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rcsart
CH, you make a strong point terrorism is terrorism anyway you spread it. If anyone acts out with this type of violence in the name of religion they follow something of a false Christian principle IMO, and I hope there is a higher being to set them straight when they get where they are going. Not all Muslims are extremist most are not and those who aren't despise the one's who are. The Muslim extremists hate anyone and everyone who doesn't think like they do. And they go to great lengths to hurt others who don't follow their agenda. I don't know many Christian extremist who slip into other countries to aimlessly suicide boom innocent people nor have they been doing it for 100s of years. These people have been at war over there religion longer then any of us can remember and will be fighting and breeding fighters to hate for long after we are gone. You point out a very small group in the American population; I don’t feel they are trying to take over here. Nor do I feel they sit around every day making plans to target mass numbers of American on our home soil. I also don’t know of any who have hijacked planes in foreign lands to fly into large building attempting to kill large numbers of innocent people for religious reasons or any other reason for that matter. I will give you that fighting certain issues here in America in the name of religion is totally against anything the majority of us stand for or tolerate, and I feel we try very hard to police these issues as they arise in the USA.
They don't cause terror in a foreign land because there cause is here. Both of the types of terrorist that we are talking about have very different agendas. Christians want control of our country through their gods eyes. Muslim terrorist from another country want to cause fear in the people of our country because they are a small group and can't launch a full scale military attack on us. IMO I have more to fear of American nut jobs like Timothy McVeigh and right wing Christian groups than I do of Osama bin Laden and extremest Muslims. Extremest Muslims don't influence my daily life but Christian extremest do. I bet if you do a poll of the various prisons thought out the US you'll find we have a lot more Christians in there committing crimes on a daily basis here in America than you do Muslims. Here in America Christians are the true group to fear because they are in control!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

Also if it's not okay for me to base my decisions off of a small group of Christians (The largest religion in the world and America) then how come it's okay for everyone else to blame Muslims for terrorism? Christians are far more dangerous and have done far more bad and evil stuff to the world and it's population of various people and religions in the name of their god over the years than anyone else!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:03 PM

So CH basically you fear Americans period and have little concern or fear of Muslim extremist. Are you somewhat unhappy altogether with the USA; is that what I'm to understand? Trust me I am very concerned with crime in the USA from our own families, friends, neighbors, and other various groups. But I would still rather live here, and not cringe every time I hear the word God or someone saying a prayer in public and be able to hear Christmas songs while shopping and sing god bless America anytime I want. Then to live anywhere else, and certainly hope you can agree.

Quick Reply: True American